boat flooded

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggdoggs1

This weekend I left the boat anchor off shore . Only to find it was partially sunk ! Water had gotten in too both engines . I pulled it out of the water . and took out the plugs too blow out the water . after an hour of turning the motors over and and adding gas and oil in the engines ,trying to dry them out . I finally got them to start . But they still had water in the carbs, After choking them Down while running on the lake. I they came back to full speed after a while . But port engine started not pumping up fuel any more . Gas looks good and baffle pick up . Except now fuel gauge does not work either . Fuel filltershave been clean . What else could it be ?

You Can Get Water In The Fuel Pump From The Pulse Line When There Is Water In The Block And It Will Not Let It Pump Fuel. You May Need To Clean Out The Carb/pump.if The Boat Has 782 Or 947 Engines They Can Get Water In The Couterballance Cavity And It Will Need To Be Drained And The Oil Replaced.

Profile update....

You don't state what year or type boat you have. Please update your profile page so I know what year we are dealing with.

You'll probably need to pull the fuel pump on the mag carb of the engine your in question about. If you had water in your engines as you say, then you probably ran that water through your pulse line as scot has mentioned, and probably damaged your check valve inside the pump.

I'd remove that fuel block assembly and check the diaphragm and the check valves to make sure you didn't damage them.

The counter balance shaft is sealed from the crankshaft area with rubber seals, not saying water can't get in. But I'd think if it did, the small amount may evaporate off with heat. Most models do not have a plug for you to check that oil. It's 30 weight oil and is added during rebuild. From that point on, it's not normally checked.
Now, the newer 787's actually have a plug for you to take out and check. The only problem with that is it only has one ounce in it. When owners open the plug and don't see oil, they fill it all the way up, causing it to blow the seals when the engine heats up and the oil expands. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back