Bizarre Hull Water Leak Issue -2016 Seadoo RXP 300 -ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jserr68594

I have been trying to diagnose a water intrusion issue in my ski. I did notice a slight mist once or twice off of the carbon seal area while running the ski. However, it does not seem like this would be anywhere near enough to account for how much water is getting into the hull. The only way this is could be the case (In my mind) is that more water is coming in from the bottom of the carbon seal area and is out of sight. With that said, the ski does not need to be running to take on water. I have backed it into my pond with it strapped to the trailer. Within 10 minutes, there is probably around a quart of water give or take.

I decided to fill the hull with water in my garage. This is where things get strange. If I have the ski jacked all the way up on the tongue jack, the majority of the water drips off the bunks. If I have the ski relatively level, the water drips off of the intake grate and ride plate and not the bunks. What's weird, is the trailer bunks are above the ride plate. How can the water be coming off the bunks like that? The water is not coming from the trim tabs or the sponsons either. I used soapy water so I was sure the water coming out was from inside of the hull (Sudded up on the floor).

There is no water on the drive shaft of the jet ski. It seems like if the carbon seal was leaking, I would see water coming out from that area from underneath the jet ski. Am I correct to assume this?

I have attached pictures of what I have seen through trying to troubleshoot this issue. If anybody can give input, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Attachments

• 20180426_115442 (1).jpg
    20180426_115442 (1).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180426_224745.jpg
    20180426_224745.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180426_231107.jpg
    20180426_231107.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180426_231133.jpg
    20180426_231133.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20180426_231904.jpg
    20180426_231904.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 26
You might have to get the ski off the trailer and look for any structural damage allowing water in as well. Also if a seal is damaged (carbon seal), it could be possible that it might not leak as much unless it under pressure from movement. Don't know what is involved but possibly remove the carbon seal to get a better look at the condition and replace to be sure. Hopefully others will chime in soon.

You might have to get the ski off the trailer and look for any structural damage allowing water in as well. Also if a seal is damaged (carbon seal), it could be possible that it might not leak as much unless it under pressure from movement. Don't know what is involved but possibly remove the carbon seal to get a better look at the condition and replace to be sure. Hopefully others will chime in soon.
Carbon seals are not under pressure they are under a vacuum, if you get everything out of the way you can pull the carbon seal back and look at it for wear.

How about one of the Bailers allowing for the water to enter the hull. The ski does not need to be running for thie bailer system to allow water into the hull.

They need to be loop up and they have a hole drilled in the line to prevent this. That said, I have seen them where the hole gets plugged and they siphon water into the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back