Bimini top needed - 98 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So we want to get a Red bimini top for our 98 speedster and looking for recommendations on what we should look for and who to purchase from. Thanks

I picked up a OEM style one for a 95 off eBay , from a company called axxess I believe, they're out of Canada. About $450 shipped and they do a ton of colors, they also have a larger generic one for $300

This is it , looks like it fits 95-98. It is nice , and low profile like OEM seadoo Bimini, think it looks and functions much better than the cheaper , generic ones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180717-190228.png
    Screenshot_20180717-190228.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 50
If you have the old frame... have the local upholstery shop make a new one. otherwise look on Overtons. you can normally find a 20%~25% off and free shipping coupons.

The one on eBay is built to factory specs, isn't to big and bulky and is a perfect fit. Also a sunbrella top, supposed the be very high quality. I looked at the cheap ones and there might be mounting problems, cheap fabric , cheap frames , no rear support poles, etc. Everything included with this one is stainless and aluminum, with detailed instructions. It was expensive , but has seadoo OEM color match too. I just need to get my boat fixed and on the water to actually enjoy it.

That companies generic one is a 3 bow, a similar one is probably cheaper

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180717-212611.png
    Screenshot_20180717-212611.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 38
Not sure , haven't had too yet , I doubt it'll fit under the factory cover but it should under my generic waterproof one . The whole assembly can be removed in seconds.

Does the fitted storage cover fit over the top of your Bimini

Nope. The only fitted, "Factory" style cover that fits with a top is the Islandia and utopia. BUT... if you use a nonfactory top, and get it so it fits far back on the deck lid when down, and is a little narrower... there is normally enough room under the cover.

Terri over at Poppy covers is a great prson to deal with. She will bend over backwards if there are ever any issues.

You may want to ask if she has a cover that has extra room to go over the top.. I'm guessing for the SK... probably not, since the 16' boats aren't as common as the 14' and 18' boats from Seadoo. But it can't hurt to ask.

I want to add my beginner 2 cents...

Rkkoeb.. I have a 97 Speedster and it came with a generic sunberella brand of bimini the previous owner installed. It had plastic ends and plastic deck hardware. The rivet on one broke and I decided to swap EVERY piece for stainless. Thats when I noticed the poles where also cut to make in shorter. After I finished with the hardware upgrade, I also installed quick release pins.

The guy had rear poles and rear straps. And just front straps to hold it open. When I reinstalled it I elected to not install the rear straps and just go with the poles.

When driving down the road I pull the quick release pins on the rear supports and lay it flat against my engine compartment and use a bungee cord to wrap it to the rear handle on my engine compartment. I do this because its a generic model, it sways a lot when mounted up (not open).

And when I cover the boat with the generic boat cover I bought off of ebay. It covers without any issues both the boat and the bimini laying flat on my engine compartment.

Ill have the boat out again tonight. Ill take pictures to show what it looks like in the different positions, including open while on he water.

Some things I go for OEM..where orher things..I feel generic or non OEM is ok. The Bimini and the boat cover are examples of how I personally feel Non-OEM or "generic" is fine.

Bimini down when Im driving or going to put the cover on.

This one measures 84" from where its mounted by the throttle to the other side. Keep in mind. If you go too narrow. Then it will have to mount on the top by the throttles, and will not sit as low as mine does when putting the cover on.

Later this evening Ill be out in the boat and will have the bimini opened. Ill take more pictures then and post them when I get home tonight.

Attachments

• 20180718_085437.jpg
    20180718_085437.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 20180718_085423.jpg
    20180718_085423.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back