Better late than never...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bigJake

well, it's July 13th and I'm finally going to untarp the skis and hopefully get them in the water today. :facepalm:

Great. Why so late this year?
Just a colossal combination of things: rain/flooding, cold weather, trip to Hilton Head, other commitments keeping us from the lake. Just wish I would have thought to put the batteries on the charger yesterday, they have been off the tender for a couple weeks.

Good luck. Today's weather is still questionable for a pop-up thunder storm. AND... the water levels are so high... many of the local lakes are closed, and the word is... the rubble floating in the rivers could cause damage.

I'm sitting here this morning trying to decide if I take the kids out on the boat or not.

yea, lake was real high here 2 weeks ago when I had to make a run up due to some minor flooding in the basement. back yard was half under water. my boat dock is anchored to a 4'x4' concrete pad, but my ski ramps were half under water. they basically sit on the shore and extend 3' into the water. I just have them staked in place with a few pieces of re-bar. I thought sure the flooding was going to pull them loose and they might float away, but luckily they held.

Good luck. Today's weather is still questionable for a pop-up thunder storm. AND... the water levels are so high... many of the local lakes are closed, and the word is... the rubble floating in the rivers could cause damage.

I'm sitting here this morning trying to decide if I take the kids out on the boat or not.
How far do you have to go to get to a lake that is open. Would suck to get the kids fired up for a day on the boat and get to the lake and a storm hits, but I think they are supposed to be pretty sporadic so even if one hits you could probably wait it out and get some time on the water. Or just let the kids play in the pool on the boat, or have they tired of that?

I've been out a few times myself... but I've only taken' the fam out once this year.

The weather here has been crappy for the last few weeks. (as you know) Everyday was a threat of storms. (and not the normal pop-up stuff) Last Sat was GREAT... and we should have gone out. BUT... I could see a monster storm on the radar. And of coarse... it fell apart just as it got to where we are. We were going to hit the rivers around the point, and I guess it's good we didn't, because Pitt actually got rain. (Enough to delay the Pirates game for 2 hours)

Anyway... I can't take a chance with the kids, and lighting while on the water. (know what I mean?)

Well... while sitting here... the news said tomorrow is going to be a better chance, without rain. So... I think I will just tell the wife to plan for tomorrow.

As far as... How close is the local water.........

Loyalhanna lake is about a 15~20 minute ride from us. It's small... but the kids don't care. And, actually... the wife likes to just drop anchor, and relax. In the +15 years I've been going there... I've only seen it closed a few times. And right now, the pool is 3' over flood stage. (about 8' over normal pool)

We also have Cooked Creek about 40 min away... Yough Lake is about an hour... Cheat lake is about an hour... the point is about 35~40 min (depending on the ramp) I can even head up to Kittanning so the wife can see her mom, and I can drop a boat (or ski) in there.

So... when you get back in town... we need to hook up and have a beer. (or coffee)

Funny... as I was typing this... the sky went from sunny to dark. Looks like something is coming. I haven't seen a summer this bad for 6~7 years.

472.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been out a few times myself... but I've only taken' the fam out once this year.

The weather here has been crappy for the last few weeks. (as you know) Everyday was a threat of storms. (and not the normal pop-up stuff) Last Sat was GREAT... and we should have gone out. BUT... I could see a monster storm on the radar. And of coarse... it fell apart just as it got to where we are. We were going to hit the rivers around the point, and I guess it's good we didn't, because Pitt actually got rain. (Enough to delay the Pirates game for 2 hours)

Anyway... I can't take a chance with the kids, and lighting while on the water. (know what I mean?)

Well... while sitting here... the news said tomorrow is going to be a better chance, without rain. So... I think I will just tell the wife to plan for tomorrow.

As far as... How close is the local water.........

Loyalhanna lake is about a 15~20 minute ride from us. It's small... but the kids don't care. And, actually... the wife likes to just drop anchor, and relax. In the +15 years I've been going there... I've only seen it closed a few times. And right now, the pool is 3' over flood stage. (about 8' over normal pool)

We also have Cooked Creek about 40 min away... Yough Lake is about an hour... Cheat lake is about an hour... the point is about 35~40 min (depending on the ramp) I can even head up to Kittanning so the wife can see her mom, and I can drop a boat (or ski) in there.

So... when you get back in town... we need to hook up and have a beer. (or coffee)

Funny... as I was typing this... the sky went from sunny to dark. Looks like something is coming. I haven't seen a summer this bad for 6~7 years.

P6222350_zps5b736ffa.jpg

sounds good, will give you a holler when we get home. It's suddenly getting very gray here too and still only about 65 degrees, but it's going to take me a couple hours to untarp the skis and get them ready to launch.

Deer Jake,

Me and Otis is happy fur ya. Otis says catchin them tarps can be tricky but they sur is good eatin.

Me and Otis

Deer Jake,

Me and Otis is happy fur ya. Otis says catchin them tarps can be tricky but they sur is good eatin.

Me and Otis

Deer Dennis and Otis, Me n ole Duke was drivin all over tarnation today ta find a solynoid that would fit inside that e-box but we will be out on the water tomorrow lukin fer them tarps. we will take the double barrel shotgun and fish with that. Me n ole Duke.

We got tarps here in Aussie two.Some walks the streets late at night.Say the same damn thing too.Best you tarp that up before you pack it away.

Back