Best product for external engine protection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mac71

What is the general consensus for the best product to use to protect everything in the bilge from corrosion? I have been using the XPS lubricant because that’s what the manual says, but I know it’s probably not compatible with things that are non-metallic. Usually if I get any overspray on hoses or the bull I wipe it off. I’ve used fluid film on my trailer and it works great, but I feel like it’ll make a big mess on the engine. What other products can be used? I do a combination of salt and freshwater riding but I know it only takes a little bit of salt to get in there to do the deed.

Fluid Film is the best, but as you found, it can be messy.

See pages 194 - 199 of this document for test results:
2016 Watercraft Superstore Magalog

or

I use Lanox (Can be found at Ace Hardware) in the engine bay area and Fluid Film on the pump.

Lanox is not as goopy but does a very good job. Spray that stuff on everything, including the hoses.

I ride in salt 95% of the time and you would never know by the look of my engine bay and pump.

I see there is a lubricant and an anti-corrosion product. Have you tried both? Which one is less messy. Thanks for the info

A while back, I saw a comparison of all the popular brands. CorrosionX won that round, so that's what I buy. Smells nice at $20 for a tall can.

What is the general consensus for the best product to use to protect everything in the bilge from corrosion? I have been using the XPS lubricant because that’s what the manual says, but I know it’s probably not compatible with things that are non-metallic. Usually if I get any overspray on hoses or the bull I wipe it off. I’ve used fluid film on my trailer and it works great, but I feel like it’ll make a big mess on the engine. What other products can be used? I do a combination of salt and freshwater riding but I know it only takes a little bit of salt to get in there to do the deed.

Just found this photo of my (now sold) 2011 GTI engine bay with 350 salt hours. Lanox protected.

2011 GTI engine bay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back