Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmarkie74

2006 Seadoo GTI SE. Key to DESS post beeps twice. Start engine. Beeps continously for about 3-4 seconds and stops beeping. Is this normal?

Engine idles perfect. Sounds like it goes into limp mode at higher RPM.

No, not normal. low fuel? is your gauge working?
are you bouncing it off the rev limiter? any codes? have you ran it in the water? need more info

No, not normal. low fuel? is your gauge working?
are you bouncing it off the rev limiter? any codes? have you ran it in the water? need more info
Going to check oil pressure with a gauge tonight. May be going into limp mode from low oil pressure. No codes from my CandooPro software. I have replaced the oil pressure switch last fall. It wasn't it. The gauge cluster doesn't work. I replaced with gauges. Fuel, RPM, GPS, with individual gauges. It ran fine before this without gauges hooked up.

The long beep is a communication error with the cluster. If you're not getting a code, it's not going into limp mode. The cluster is an important part of the system on 2006 and newer. Are you leaving the cluster plugged in?

The long beep is a communication error with the cluster. If you're not getting a code, it's not going into limp mode. The cluster is an important part of the system on 2006 and newer. Are you leaving the cluster plugged in?
My cluster is bad so I replaced with gauges. Fuel, RPM, and GPS for speed. When I bought this Seadoo last year, lowest price cluster was $750. Now they are $420 on ebay. $420 is expensive, but better than $720.

My neighbor just bought a 2007 RXT with a bad cluster. I asked him just this evening, if his jetski ran with the cluster completely unplugged. He said it ran just fine with all connectors unplugged. He is waiting for his $420 replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back