GTi 130 - 2009 (Crankshaft Position Sensor Value)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hawker

Hey guys!

My engine stopped with the Crankshaft position sensor error code. I bought a new sensor, but the engine didn't start. The new sensor has 970Ω, is that right? I read somewhere that it should be somewhere between 190-300Ω. But now when I connect the key, there is a long beep and 5 seconds later the standard 3 beeps appear. But the engine won't start. Do all 4-Tec engines use the same sensor?

Last edited:

This RPM sensor had been having a problem for a long time, but it started little by little, the engine stopped today and would only stop after 2 years, until it became constant until it no longer started and displayed the CPS error code. But now that I've changed it and started the engine, it's clear that it works much better, especially when cold, as I use ethanol (E100). The image in the video is bad because the jetski is in a dark garage, I had to edit the video in Vegas.

Measuring the resistance of a CPS is not the way to go. You need a lab scope to see the signal.

Here's an example of a faulty CPS sensor in my ski.

CPS (faulty) Sep 23.JPG

Here's what the signal should look like.

CPS known good.JPG

Back