Been Sitting fot a While

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

One40ozBUICK

I bought a 1998 gs with a bad mpem. I since replaced the mpem and got it to fire up for a couple seconds . There was bad gas in the tank when I got it. I cleaned out the carb and the filter and drained the tank. Didn't think of the lines til now. It fires up with mixed gas or carb cleaner sprayed into carb. But it sounds like it ran out of fuel. I removed my plugs and they are wet. My filter fills with gas and the line at the carb appears to be getting fuel. Would bad gas left in the line make it not run or wet the plugs? Also heard of people changing the fuel selector after sitting fuel in them. Although mine still appears to allow it to flow through. Help! I'm new to seadoo's but not to mechanics. thank you in advance. Luis

I'm not certain from your explanation, do you still have grey fuel lines? If you do you need to change them. Also personally I have not had a lot of success cleaning the fuel valve, for $20.00 I would just replace it. For testing you can just bypass the fuel selector valve.

Lou

Spraying carb cleaner into the carb wont' do anything. The carbs need to be disassembled, and cleaned properly. Also, if you do have the gray tempo fuel hoses... they need replaced.

if you have your gray fuel lines you need to change them because they will clog up your carbs , just like dr said

The grey lines are still on it. As far as testing I do get fuel at the carb when I remove the lines. Does that means It (fuel selector) works or just replace? Luis

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely dissembled and cleaned out the carb. I found little bits of gunk in the filter/screen and cleaned every piece of the carb and every hole cleaned out too. Luis

I'm not certain from your explanation, do you still have grey fuel lines? If you do you need to change them. Also personally I have not had a lot of success cleaning the fuel valve, for $20.00 I would just replace it. For testing you can just bypass the fuel selector valve.

Lou
Just bought a used 2001 GTS and am in the process of fixing it, you say to replace the grey fuel lines, with what?

Yea you can start it like that, just don't boost it off with a battery from a running car, or it might blow a fuse or fry your new mpem.

Toby, replace them with automotive grade fuel line from your local parts store, and be sure to use stainless steel hose clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back