Been out on the ski today.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

D 5UPE

Premium Member
Premium Member
Been down the seaside playing.
The Ski worked fine and the sea was flat.
Came back to the beach and my son said he could smell burning.

I could'nt smell it so went backout for a blast.
Full throttle along the coast......then rumble rumble noises from inside the hull.
So I pulled the lanyard off and stops the engine.
I thought I had fouled my new solas so swam back to shore with my passenger still sitting there.

Back on the beach there was help at hand from over Jetskiers and we turned it on its side.
No fouled impeller so been lucky there.
Back home I started to investigate.
2 hours later I found the bearing on the drive shaft had disintergrated and parts of it have melted onto the shaft.

Its the needle bearing thats gone and im hoping I can get the shaft worked on to remove bits.
Also going to my local bearing suppliers tomorrow for a replacement.

I just hope the shaft cleans off good, as Ive heard there pricey.:(

Hope you had a good weekend on your's.;)

Ouch! A buddy of mine was riding yesterday and his brother flipped his jetski, left it for a few minutes while he tended to his passenger, then flipped it back over the wrong way. Flooded and isn't working now.

Bad weekend for luck...

Hope you can fix yours easily (and cheaply!)

Ouch! A buddy of mine was riding yesterday and his brother flipped his jetski, left it for a few minutes while he tended to his passenger, then flipped it back over the wrong way. Flooded and isn't working now.

Bad weekend for luck...

Hope you can fix yours easily (and cheaply!)

YEEEEEEEEEEHa!.
Ive been very very lucky with this repair.:D

I tried 2 different bearing supliers for parts first of and the bearing is not a common one. The seals on the prop bearing are dealer manufactured parts also.
The good thing is, My local Jetski shop had the parts tucked away in a box ready for me to pay for and collect.(massive grin on my face)

And the damage to the shaft. It had bits of bearing melted on to it.
I called into a gear and sprocket machine shop in the City, and had it machined. The guy that done the job lives in my village so he droped it off at mine after work.:D A fine job it was aswell. Only a little mark that wont harm the new needle bearing when fitted.

Total cost of repair £100 plus an extra £10 for the machinist for a drink.

On holiday this week so Im out Skiing for a couple of days.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back