BC lakes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lee

Hey guys,show us your beautiful lakes in BC. We will be frequenting Lake Koocanusa this year,pictures to follow:) I know Rookie and Highmark have some pictures to share. How about some BC guys?:cheers:

Koocanusa

We'll start with the one closest to Calgary.

Very clean man made lake that is 95 miles long. Half in BC and half in the States. Depth is controlled by a dam in Libby Montana, and the water level is dropped to next to nothing over the winter. Miles and miles of sandy shores and no weeds. Lots of launch ramps and marinas if you know where to look.

Pictures from left to right

Koocanusa marina, Mercer ranch marina (at low water), the Canada/USA border (the red and white buoys), Newgate/Sandy shores campground, Lee in his Doo

Attachments

• 08-25-06 054.jpg
    08-25-06 054.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Kookanusa_and_Pine_Coulee_016.jpg
    Kookanusa_and_Pine_Coulee_016.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 19
  • Kookanusa_.jpg
    Kookanusa_.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
  • our bay July 08.JPG
    our bay July 08.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Moyie Lake

Located on the BC 3 highway between Creston and Cranbrook.
Warm clear lake near lots of campgrounds. I have not had my boat on this lake yet, but have been driving past it for years.

Attachments

• 10-04-08 007.jpg
    10-04-08 007.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 16
Christina Lake

On the BC 3 highway about 7 hours west of Calgary (45min past Castlegar)

Spent a lot of summers on this lake as my folks live on it. Lots of private campgrounds, one large provincial campground at Texas point, and three boat access only provincial campgrounds on the west shore.

Very deep (250'+) and extremely warm mountain lake. Water is very clear and other than near the public beach at the far south end no weeds at all. They don't get much better than this for all your summer water sports.

Some of the campgrounds have their own marinas and boat launches, and there are two public launches. One at Texas point, and one at the Christina lake marina that has fuel docks.

Pictures left to right

Texas point boat launch, Boat launch at the marina, Picture on the water (Dads Sea-Ray on left Brothers Bryant on right)

Attachments

• launch ramps 007.jpg
    launch ramps 007.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • launch ramps 002.jpg
    launch ramps 002.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Christina Lake sept long 08 025.JPG
    Christina Lake sept long 08 025.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 24
Nice pics, I love Christina as a kid, warmest lake around that area. Back in the day u could not drive around the lake and evryone went to the cabins by boat. Cool.

Was here( Koocausa) on weekend, water level has not moved in 2 months. Had my shuttlecraft out. It was 28c when we left yesterday at 6pm and was minus 1 by 8pm on the way back to Calgary. We all got sunburnt. If it doesn,t fill up soon were going to kootenay lake for a weekend or 2 in June.
Are u guys permanent at Marcers. I will look for u there this year.

Just got back from Koocanusa today also.I was swimming at Sandy Shores last night at 6pm , 29C :coolgleam: I'm burnt also :D
The waters up a foot or so since May 2, It's creeping it's way into the bay at Madera.It still looks pretty shallow north of Kikoumin bridge though.I think it will be another month before we launch the doo.
Nice pics Aaron. We were regulars at Christiana Lake for a few years till they cut out lakefront camping. Highly recommended lake!

Back