Battery Died - Do I replace it with the same or upgrade?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlfett

Sportster 150 215

Existing Battery = Marine 550CCA, 625MCA

I have an upgraded stereo system with amp

Battery Died of old age, But now that I am going to replace it I thought I would poll the Forum to see
if I should upgrade?

What do you think? Buying Battery later today. Not passing up another record warm day in Michigan ;)

Thanks,

Hi, Have you though of going to the 2 battery system for the radio? Lots of thread on that project, search for them.

Yes, I love these temps. maybe 80 on Tuesday. I'm wondering "how much panic" there will be when later in March the temps dip down to the low 20's at night and maybe during the day for several days in a row?
Everyone will scramble to "RE-WINTERIZE" in a hurry.

Wow, so i checked over the board, searched the heck out of the Net and have to say i am at a bit of a loss.

I see many say that optima marine is the best. I am unsure if it will fit? can I move up to higher cca with out hurting the boat?

Scratching my head on this one.... Shouldn't buying a battery be an easy task?

You can use the optima. CCA wont effect anything negatively. They are all 12 volts, amperage doesnt matter. Many people say the optimas are the best. I just have a hard time justifying the high cost of the optima. I opted to add a 2nd battery for the audio system. It is a sytem that works well and it insures that I will always have a charged battery waiting to start the boat after a session of sitting and jamming out. I actually just have two cheapo wal mart batteries. They have worked well for me. I know a lot of people say they are junk, but i havent had a single problem.

When I am due to change them though, i will just swap them out for a couple of die hards from sears. Mostly because I work there part time and get a discount. The way i see it though, i only expect to get 4 to 5 years out of a battery for a seasonal toy. Most of them come with a 2 or 3 year replacement anyway.....so why spend more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back