Batteries not charging?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keller1490

I just finished my winter upgrades and both of my batteries continuously die. How can I check to see what is wrong, and where do I get the parts from?

Multimeter comes back with nothing. As far as upgrades new headunit, 4 Mtx 6.5's, 2 bazooka tube 10's in the ski locker, two optima blue top batteries, amp for woofers, 4.0 farad cap for everything, and a few LEDs.....so it looks like the stator, but isn't there something else besides the stator that it could be?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was fine before, I would suspect something you just did. What did you hook the radio and amp to? Is the battery switch killing all power when it's in the off position.

The last few times I took it out last year the battery started dieing after only a few hours. I figured the battery was just junk and replaced it and added another one. The switch kills everything. After being out today for 5 hours the batteries were both around 50%

Is it possible that you have a bad voltage regulator? I had that issue on my 2001 challenger 2000 and it would not charge the battery and I would get stuck after a few hours. If I recall I had no tach readings. Battery started fully charged and dead in a couple hours of use.

By the way, maybe you can help me if you can recall what the stock stereo wires went to. Doing a head unit replacement.

If don't have an alternator they make those fold out solar panels that charge 12v, don't know how well or fast they work but it is an idea if its a sunny day.

I would bet it is the voltage regulators. Mine fried and the battery would not charge and the tach was not working. I pulled them and one of them had a bad electircal burn smell so I replaced them both. Battery charges fine and tach is working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back