Back "hood" stuck on my Utopia 205.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

grivera

Premium Member
Premium Member
New to the forum and first time boater. Just got a 2004 Utopia 205 Merc. 240 EFI. Its been running great my first 3 times in the water. Steeped outside to check the boat before taking her out tomorrow and the back "hood" wont open. The latch unlocks but as I pull up it gets stuck. Anyone had this issue before?
Thanks.
grivera

New to the forum and first time boater. Just got a 2004 Utopia 205 Merc. 240 EFI. Its been running great my first 3 times in the water. Steeped outside to check the boat before taking her out tomorrow and the back "hood" wont open. The latch unlocks but as I pull up it gets stuck. Anyone had this issue before?
Thanks.
grivera

Common issue,,,
I know of one person that got under the deck somehow and unscrewed the parts to life the deck. Every other one that I know of that have had this issue have forced the deck open and replaced the broken latch, (it will break once you force it open).

Thank you for your reply. I was able to un-latch it. A little bit of the bimini top frame was not completely in and somehow was making the deck somewhat uneven for the latch. Lifted the deck a bit and pushed the frame. Solved. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back