Availability? Options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TyRuben

Hello,

Been lurking around on the forum for about a month now and am curious if there is still issues on availability and what options are around?

My wife agreed to the idea of a new toy by end of July, but the thought of "no more sparks" or "compatibility of options" could make me gag.

So I'm looking for a 2up, 90 hp, w/ ibr in white.

Has anyone purchased recently? Did they have to order way in advanced? And people are being told that the ski can't come with ibr?

Looking for first or second hand exp.

Like I said, the business plan I had to submit to my wife with pie charts for family fun and flow charts for the net increase in my overall happiness with cost ratio factors....

Well, if I can't get one the way I'd like, I'd dig a hole and lay in it!!! Haha.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are dealers out there that have various options/models in stock. I would think you could get online and find what you want in stock.

Sparks are fairly stable but not like riding a larger 4-tech ski. If you get a 3-up version it will be more stable due to the extension of the rear of the ski.

Well, I had thought if stability was an issue I could bolt on the back portion.

A lot of rivers and canals in my area. Salt water with chop I was never a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of anyone yet adding the rear platform to a 2up. Mostly because only with the dealer purchased 3up do you get the coast guard certification for riding 3 up. Not saying it can't be done, just that it hasn't yet to my knowledge.

I agree with the above (both).

I have not heard of anyone bolting on the 3-up section as of yet. And I would suspect it would be considerably more expensive than if you buy it as a 3-up. And,, with the 3-up you get a longer seat as well.

Since the engine is the same no matter what you buy, buy the cheapest option and buy the tune.

I talked to my friend that works at the dealership to get a bottom line with dealer fees... and he even mentioned the tune up from the 60 hp while maintaining the warranty (as long as i went through him. Still apprehensive with being so new things tend to blow up when you automatically just rev out your toys...

I did then check seadoos spark builder website and it would not allow to bind the iBR to a 60 horse platform? Anyone know if this is set in stone?

Thanks,

Yeah, 90hp is a must for IBR, just like 90hp for the 3 up. IBR is really kinda overkill on such a small ski though to be honest.

I agree with the above (both).

I have not heard of anyone bolting on the 3-up section as of yet. And I would suspect it would be considerably more expensive than if you buy it as a 3-up. And,, with the 3-up you get a longer seat as well.

Since the engine is the same no matter what you buy, buy the cheapest option and buy the tune.

I bought the 60hp, and vtech tuned to 109hp I love it.. AND im getting the 3 up extension on the back.. I don't need the coast guard certification where I go because I really don't plan to ride 3 up anyway, the only reason I'm doing the 3 up extension is for more stability in deep water (it's pretty stable 2 up but I heard its a lot better with 3 up extension), also reboarding with the 3 up extension in the rear is way better in deep water (from what I'm told who has done it).

I bought the 60hp, and vtech tuned to 109hp I love it.. AND im getting the 3 up extension on the back.. I don't need the coast guard certification where I go because I really don't plan to ride 3 up anyway, the only reason I'm doing the 3 up extension is for more stability in deep water (it's pretty stable 2 up but I heard its a lot better with 3 up extension), also reboarding with the 3 up extension in the rear is way better in deep water (from what I'm told who has done it).

I have the 3up. I can say my son reboards pretty easy. He is a big boy too. 150 lbs. 12 years old. Of course I have the reboarding step which helps out.

Jay

Back