Noob looking to buy a spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

clifish

Hi All,

My apologies if this has been beaten to death but I was not able to find recent threads on this. If want to point me in the right direction please do. I am looking to get a couple sparks (couple years old maybe new) for freshwater use on some PA lakes. Since dealers are currently closed I can't sit on one. Could some one school me on a few things? Is the 60 HP version a dog? Any reason to go 3 up model if it will be used by 2 adults? IS IBR worth it? trixx? any insight on what you would look into without spending top $$.

Thx for your help

I haven't ridden Sparks, but IMO, IBR is totally worth it. I'll never buy another ski without it or the equivalent RiDE feature on Yamaha's. It really adds to the maneuverability and overall control of the ski.

IMHO.....Sparks are for ONE person...just my opinion. They are too light and will beat you up in any rough water....I have a 2 UP with IBR but it's really only good for one rider. I do not know about the 3 up version only that it is a little bigger for 3 riders BUT 1 adult and two kids MAYBE!!!!! Two Adults....doubtful.

For my money....Two adults puts you on the GTI/GTX class of skis...not a Spark.

TRIXX....Trixx are for kids. :)

IBR is good to have BUT they are subject to breakage (internally) and they cost a bundle to fix/replace...and the only way to get into the Spark hull interior is to remove the TOP deck...can be a real PITA (I've done it a few times now and it's tedious work, not hard, just tedious!

I have a 3 up and a 2 up both with IBR. I’ve only had them one season so far so I haven’t experienced the issues with the IBR yet but I wouldn’t buy one without it. I had a Yamaha before that didn’t have reverse.
We think the sparks are fun even in rough water. It depends on what kind of riding you like to do. I read this before buying my sparks and it’s totally true. Sparks are more like a dirt bike rather than a touring bike. When it’s rough we usually only ride solo. If it’s calm we often ride with two without any issues. Our family members are small and all the adults are under 170 lbs. we haven’t tried riding with three but I think it would be tough for stability and space.
We don’t notice much of a difference between the 2 up and 3 up when riding solo or with a passenger. Just my thoughts. Hope it helps

Back