Audio Updates

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kernal

Figured I'd post these here as well. JL Audio update on my 210. Installed JL MX770 speakers and an MX500/4 amp. Much better than the stock Jensens, even before the amp was installed.

20170326_212104.jpg
20170326_212115.jpg
20170326_212120.jpg

Thinking about adding a pair to the swimdeck, just not sure about cutting a hole back here. Not much clearance when the engine hatch opens.

20170415_165924.jpg

Have been looking at 4 inch speakers. The people i've talked to have said go 6.5 or don't bother...

here's some other updates.

Blue LED's in the courtesy lights
20160625_214223.jpg

Replaced the 12V port with a Dual USB charger with voltage readout. This was a direct fit.
20170326_212816.jpg

Onboard battery charger and led cup holders are on order, and I'm working on getting SeaDek installed as well.

The power port is a great idea, I might just steal that idea as well. Does the voltage display turn off when the boat key is off or just with the main power switch?

Love it. I think the battery gauge is also a good idea. At what voltage might you worry that you can't restart the boat?

Lots of different info out there on that. From what I have read, 12.2 volts is ~50%, and the battery can be damaged if it goes below that. I have a group 24 battery for starting and a group 27 for use while hanging out. I may add a second group 27 for more "run time", need to see how much juice this setup uses.
Having the dual battery setup would be one of the first mods I would do if you don't have it already, or carry one of those small battery jump packs.

Just went and checked. Turns on / off with the battery switch, not the key. You could add a relay if wanted it on the key.

Thanks, answered my question. Probably a couple ways too ad one. I will do some research. I really like the idea.

What interior lights did you use? Are they a bulb that swaps out or replace the whole housing? Got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back