??? Arieltek timing and rev limiter programming instructions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drdoolittle

I’m really good at researching and finding what I need usually so please forgive me if this has been covered many times over.

I bought a 1997 gtx the PO put an arieltek MPEM in it because the original was fried.

After installing it, it would crank but not start. So he sold it to me.

I put a brand new batter in it because the one it came with was undersized and seemed weak.
The ski fired right up with new battery! Hooray!
Got excited and went straight to the lake.
ski runs really well but revs are limited to 6300-6500 rpms I also suspect the timing may not be set Propety in the new MPEM

I cannot for the life of me find the instructions on how to program the arieltek MPEM with the button on the unit. I figured a couple searches would turn up a pdf or some write up, but striking out.
Anyway if anyone knows the procedure for setting the timing on these MPEM units and changing the rev limit I will be eternally appreciative!
Cheers!

Last edited:
We usually direct people away from the aftermarket mpem’s as they are hit or miss at best.

I wish my copy of the manual were clearer but this is what I received, I never could find the original. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Arieltek 97 GTX MPEM 787.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 253
I wish my copy of the manual were clearer but this is what I received, I never could find the original. Hope this helps!
This worked! Thank you! Now the motor is turning 7100rpms out of the water. Next up is the water test. I really appreciate you taking the time to pass along that document.
All the best,

I needed to bump the RPMS up one notch. and i set the timing to the correct setting.
The 8000RPM setting is not 8000 rpms on my ski. its just a touch over 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back