Anyone Seen this happen on mpem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

One40ozBUICK

First off I know I need to get a new mpem but waiting for payday. I keep looking at the one on mine. I bought this 98 GS with the problem of needing a new (I Assume) mpem (so the Lady was told by a shop a 200+ computer part). To make sure I replaced all fuses and hooked up a battery and popped I believe it was the 15 amp fuse. I replaced again all fuses even the one in the rear electrical box which was blown. As soon as i hooked up the battery I smelled plastic so disconnected bat. instantly. I took out the mpem and noticed this tiny melted spot on the rear. I figured I had nothing to lose so iI cut out this spot and found a terminal with the solder melted. I am planning on soldering it back to see what happens but want some feed back or Ideas from you guys. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
PS. What's the going rate to reprogram a key.

Attachments

• spa 019.jpg
    spa 019.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 25
  • spa 020.jpg
    spa 020.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 23
There is something about 15amp fuse blowing and how to fix it the the tech article how to section I would look there

Yep... the main diode blew, and it takes out the 15a fuse. That is normally caused by someone jump-starting the ski from a running vehicle. (over voltage pop's it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back