anyone know best place for remanufacutred engines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tryme

I found out my crank seals are bad. probably easier to just replaced the whole short block. but don't want to wait 6-8 weeks for someone to do it so anyone have good luck with cross shipped one? any good suppliers any ones to stay away from?

thanks

Does your engine still run great? There are a lot of folks milking bad inner crank seals out there by just adding a ball valve to the incoming rv line. This allows you to shut the flow off after use so it does not fill your crankcase up during storage.

Hard to do?

Engine still runs well but even sitting a day will blow tons of smoke. But once running it is fine. Where is the rv line and where are people putting the valve?? Any forums posts on it?

Does your engine still run great? There are a lot of folks milking bad inner crank seals out there by just adding a ball valve to the incoming rv line. This allows you to shut the flow off after use so it does not fill your crankcase up during storage.

Yes 12mm is close enough that a 1/2" plastic ball valve works perfect. You will put it between your tank and the fitting under the intake manifold. Not much to google up on this one, I think you understand what's going on. Only thing I would worry about is trying to get the next owner to grasp it.

thanks we may try that. if we do look for a shortblock is there any place that we should do and any place we should avoid?

if you do install them hang your keys on them ,, this way u will remember to turn them on before you start the motor

If you find yourself looking at a SBT engine, turn around and RUN. They are not made well and it is a coin toss if you get a good one or a bad.

If you find yourself looking at a SBT engine, turn around and RUN. They are not made well and it is a coin toss if you get a good one or a bad.

Do explain??????? I'm running one and have seen hundreds of doos on the water running just fine with them. Nine runs dead on oem specs. 2nd season of serious abuse on the water

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

sorry to bring up an old thread but my engine does a similar thing (burns lots of oil) and from what I hear its the crankseal. But I believe it may be something else as I happened to fill mine with water and when I blew it all out that is when the oil started draining into the cylinder. Before the water in the engine it ran perfect. Also when I ride it it does NOT get better but has reduced power and smoke the whole time. Is there anything else it could be besides crankseal? It is a 2005 3D 787 RFI. Any input would be great, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back