Another 2000 GTX RFI starting problem...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSW

I've waded through 5 pages of GTX RFI starting problems but they're all either different problems or don't have replies... which isn't a good start!

Key on = 2 beeps. Perfect. However the starter button does absolutely nothing.
Cut the button off, check with multimeter, faulty. New button. Check for power going to it, no power.
So there's no power going to my power button, hence the fact that there's nothing firing up the solenoid. That makes sense. But why is there no power at the starter button?

Someone suggested feeding power straight from the battery to the switch. Still nothing.
That someone then suggests a bad earth, I've checked all of them from the seadoo wiring diagram and everything that should be earthed, is earthed, and the earth is good.

It was running until I changed the speed sensor which was showing as an error on BUDS. After that things just went downhill... The ski now reads perfectly on BUDS with no errors, just that it won't start.

The only thing I did notice was that the TPS was at 9.2 degrees, which BUDS couldn't reset. Would that stop it starting in this way?

All ideas muchus appreciated!
Dave

the starter button is only a switch that closes the circuit when pressed, it doesn't carry voltage. the MPEM acts as a relay and sends voltage to the solenoid, that's where you should check voltage.

just touch the 2 starter button wires together to test, that should send voltage to the solenoid and start it.

do you get voltage at the solenoid small terminals when connected?

have you jumped across the solenoid large terminals to see if the motor turns over ok?

What's the best way to check the solenoid smalls when it's connected?

Jumping the solenoid it turns over but there's no spark if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back