Amsoil Injection Oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish1800

I'm a dealer and just curious if anyone else is running this in they're Mercury 240 motor? With the cost increases I'm honestly not sure it's worth the bang for the buck on injection units could someone shed some light on it for me? I run it in my engines, but never in a 2 stroke.

This is what Amsoil recommends for the Mercury 2 stroke motor.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use HPI in my 240EFI M2. Nothing else. I hear Quicksilver has some full-syn now. I haven't tried it or price compared it.

I'm a Amsoil dealer and from reading it looks like the HP Injection oil is a full synthetic replacement. I've never had bad luck with Amsoil in any application and it's cheaper than Mercury

I use Amsoil synthetic for PWC in my 96-GTX for the past few years. It runs great and very little smoke.

HP Injector Synthetic 2Cycle
Oil (HPI)
Excellent for all outboard motors with a performance emphasis on modern direct fuel
injected (DFI) technology. Also recommended for personal watercraft, jet boats,
motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. Injector use or 50:1 premix.
NMMA TCW3,
API TC
Superior performance in DFI outboard motors
Prevents piston and combustion chamber deposits
Prevents "ring jacking" common to DFI outboards
Low smoke, low odor product
Contains up to 30 percent more additives for "super clean" operation
Prevents wear for long engine life
Prevents rust
Multifunctional
and recommended for use in many twocycle
motors
Low aquatic toxicity
Recommended for use as injection oil or at a 50:1 premix
HP Injector is a precise synthetic formulation that exceeds the lubrication demands of modern twocycle
motors.
Today's twocycle
outboard motors operate at higher temperatures and at leaner oil and fuel ratios than older motors.
This difficult operating environment requires proper lubrication technology to keep motors running long and strong.
HP Injector is a premium lubricant engineered with AMSOIL synthetic base oils and MAXDOSE advanced
additives. It contains up to 30 percent more additives than other TCW3
twocycle
oils for "super clean" operation.
And because AMSOIL synthetic oils are more durable, they are perfect for lean mixture operations. In addition, this
AMSOIL exclusive product produces low smoke and odor and has low aquatic toxicity properties, making it ideal for
boats.
HP Injector improves engine life. It prevents engine damage from deposits that cause ring sticking and ring jacking
(carbon buildup
behind the ring, forcing it outward), a phenomenon that occurs in modern DFI outboard motors. HP
Injector reduces wear. It has excellent lubricity properties and provides a good lubricating oil film, protecting pistons
and bearings. HP Injector inhibits rust, an important feature where motors are subjected to water. HP Injector
provides superior performance in direct fuel injected (DFI), electronic fuel injected (EFI) and carbureted outboard
motors, as well as other recreational equipment.
Applications
HP Injector is recommended for use in all twocycle
outboard motors including, but not limited to, Mercury® EFI &
Optimax®, Johnson® and Evinrude® FICHT® and ETEC
™, Yamaha® HPDI, Nissan® and Tohatsu® TLDI®,
Suzuki®, Mariner® and Force®. Also recommended for use in all twocycle
personal watercraft and jet boats, as
well as snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.
Use as injection oil or as 50:1 premix
(2.6 oz. per U.S. gallon of gas) where NMMA TCW3
or API TC oils are
specified. Compatible with mineral and synthetic TCW3
type twocycle
oils, however, mixing twocycle
oils
should be minimized.

HP Injector Synthetic 2Cycle
Oil (HPI)
Excellent for all outboard motors with a performance emphasis on modern direct fuel
injected (DFI) technology. Also recommended for personal watercraft, jet boats,
motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. Injector use or 50:1 premix.
NMMA TCW3,
API TC
Superior performance in DFI outboard motors
Prevents piston and combustion chamber deposits
Prevents "ring jacking" common to DFI outboards
Low smoke, low odor product
Contains up to 30 percent more additives for "super clean" operation
Prevents wear for long engine life
Prevents rust
Multifunctional
and recommended for use in many twocycle
motors
Low aquatic toxicity
Recommended for use as injection oil or at a 50:1 premix
HP Injector is a precise synthetic formulation that exceeds the lubrication demands of modern twocycle
motors.
Today's twocycle
outboard motors operate at higher temperatures and at leaner oil and fuel ratios than older motors.
This difficult operating environment requires proper lubrication technology to keep motors running long and strong.
HP Injector is a premium lubricant engineered with AMSOIL synthetic base oils and MAXDOSE advanced
additives. It contains up to 30 percent more additives than other TCW3
twocycle
oils for "super clean" operation.
And because AMSOIL synthetic oils are more durable, they are perfect for lean mixture operations. In addition, this
AMSOIL exclusive product produces low smoke and odor and has low aquatic toxicity properties, making it ideal for
boats.
HP Injector improves engine life. It prevents engine damage from deposits that cause ring sticking and ring jacking
(carbon buildup
behind the ring, forcing it outward), a phenomenon that occurs in modern DFI outboard motors. HP
Injector reduces wear. It has excellent lubricity properties and provides a good lubricating oil film, protecting pistons
and bearings. HP Injector inhibits rust, an important feature where motors are subjected to water. HP Injector
provides superior performance in direct fuel injected (DFI), electronic fuel injected (EFI) and carbureted outboard
motors, as well as other recreational equipment.
Applications
HP Injector is recommended for use in all twocycle
outboard motors including, but not limited to, Mercury® EFI &
Optimax®, Johnson® and Evinrude® FICHT® and ETEC
™, Yamaha® HPDI, Nissan® and Tohatsu® TLDI®,
Suzuki®, Mariner® and Force®. Also recommended for use in all twocycle
personal watercraft and jet boats, as
well as snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.
Use as injection oil or as 50:1 premix
(2.6 oz. per U.S. gallon of gas) where NMMA TCW3
or API TC oils are
specified. Compatible with mineral and synthetic TCW3
type twocycle
oils, however, mixing twocycle
oils
should be minimized.

Irish, what are you trying to say with this post? The thread starts out talking about Mercury engines then turns to PWC. Although the Injector oil spec says it meets API TC standards, my understanding is that Amsoil Injector oil is ashless and Amsoil Interceptor oil is the correct oil for the rotax engine.

Yes, I am using the HP Injection oil.
Irish1800, That's a lot of info on oil...thanks. i found what I needed.

How is Amsoil for 6 cylinder I/O engines? Not the HP injection but other kinds.

Yes, I am using the HP Injection oil.
Irish1800, That's a lot of info on oil...thanks. i found what I needed.

How is Amsoil for 6 cylinder I/O engines? Not the HP injection but other kinds.

I use it in my Mercury Racing 500efi motors in my Baja I swear by it. Wouldn't use anything else in motors or drives. 300hrs and going strong.

As far as using it in Non Racing applications I'd have to say use the same weight oil recommended by the manufacturer in Amsoil. I'm not saying Amsoil is better than Mobil 1 but I can say I use it in everything I have and have had no failures to date. 7yrs strong

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish, what are you trying to say with this post? The thread starts out talking about Mercury engines then turns to PWC. Although the Injector oil spec says it meets API TC standards, my understanding is that Amsoil Injector oil is ashless and Amsoil Interceptor oil is the correct oil for the rotax engine.

This thread is posted in "Mercury Powered Sportboats" so I by referring to Mercury powered engines I thought it was posted in the correct location? I might've copied too much of the article referring to PWC sorry if I did. I wasn't trying to imply that oil was the correct oil for the Rotax engine

The thread just got ambiguous. You were talking about Amsoil Injector in mercury boats and Seadoobuddy said he used Amsoil in his PWC but didn't specify which type. I just didn't want anyone to get the impression they should run amsoil injector oil in their seadoo PWC, they should use amsoil low ash which is their Interceptor oil in the PWC rotax engine.

The thread just got ambiguous.
You were talking about Amsoil Injector in mercury boats and Seadoobuddy said he used Amsoil in his PWC but didn't specify which type.
I just didn't want anyone to get the impression they should run amsoil injector oil in their seadoo PWC, they should use amsoil low ash which is their Interceptor oil in the PWC rotax engine.

See #8 for my response to the oil I use. Now you say I shouldn't use it in my 96 GTX???????

See #8 for my response to the oil I use. Now you say I shouldn't use it in my 96 GTX???????

if you are using amsoil injector oil in a 787, you should be using Amsoil Interceptor oil. injector is ashless, interceptor is low ash. I went thru this with an Amsoil tech a few years ago. The Injector oil bottle is confusing because it says tci ap

The thread just got ambiguous. You were talking about Amsoil Injector in mercury boats and Seadoobuddy said he used Amsoil in his PWC but didn't specify which type. I just didn't want anyone to get the impression they should run amsoil injector oil in their seadoo PWC, they should use amsoil low ash which is their Interceptor oil in the PWC rotax engine.

INTERCEPTOR® High-Performance
Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil
Maximum Performance in all recreational
motorsports applications
AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR® Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is formulated with a
proprietary blend of the fi nest synthetic base oils and additives available
today. This unique AMSOIL chemistry represents a breakthrough
development in the fi eld of two-cycle engine lubrication. The backbone
of AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR 2-Cycle Oil is a specially developed, molecularly
saturated synthetic base oil. This, combined with a robust additive
package, ensures exceptional lubricity, cleanliness and optimum
clean-burning characteristics.
Extensive research and testing, including a full snowmobiling season in
severe Rocky Mountain applications, has proven that wear on cylinders,
pistons and bearings is signifi cantly reduced. And with up to 30 percent
more detergency and dispersancy additives than typical two-cycle
oils, AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR virtually eliminates hard carbon deposits
that cause exhaust power valve sticking, ring sticking and preignitionpromoting
“hot spots” in the combustion chamber.
Applications
AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is recommended as an injector oil or at
a 50:1 mix ratio in carbureted, electronic fuel-injected (EFI), semi-direct fuel-injected
(SDI) and direct fuel-injected (DFI) snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles,
ATVs and jet boats, including, but not limited to, those manufactured by Bombardier®,
Yamaha®, Arctic Cat®, Polaris®, Kawasaki®, Suzuki® and Honda®. It is recommended
wherever JASO FC or API TC two-cycle oils are specifi ed. INTERCEPTOR is a premium-
quality replacement for recreational equipment manufacturers’ branded two-cycle
oils. It is compatible with most mineral and synthetic two-cycle oils; however, for best
performance, mixing oils should be minimized.
• Helps prevent hard carbon deposits that cause
exhaust power valve sticking and ring sticking
• Superior lubricity controls cylinder, piston
and bearing wear
• Reduces smoke and odor associated with
two-cycle engines
• Helps prevent plug fouling
• Provides exceptional SAE #4 cold-temperature
fl uidity (-58°F pour point)
• Protects against rust
• Helps prevent preignition from combustion
chamber “hot spots”