Alignment question 98 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddfw2003

I have been trying to find someone in Houston who can align my engine. Most of the mechanics tell me they just slap the engine in and they are done.

Anyway when I rode it 3 weeks ago right after the rebuild I do remember a lot more water coming out of the lake than normal as well as not being able to get over 42 mphs. Is this because the alignment of the pump is point more up?

if i still had my alignment tool i'd be happy to help but i've since sold it on to another member. I think someone on here has one they rent out to folks, the process is pretty straight forward once you have the tool. worth the effort to do since you can tear up a lot of stuff if the alignment isn't right.

well you can get the tool from SBT either to purchase or as a rental. the rental isn't the best deal unless you just don't want the thing around the shop once you're done since you have to pay shipping (and its friggin heavy) both ways to the tune of about 50 bucks on top of the 75 bucks rental charge, or 175 if you decide to keep it (150 + 25 shipping).

what part of town are you in? if you buy the tool its not that hard to do the work. if you're on the west side i might be able to help.

If you end up buying the tool. I might rent it from you or buy it from you in a month or so when I will need to align one in a 94 SPI after I figure out what is wrong with my 95 SPX.

Dan
League City

well you can get the tool from SBT either to purchase or as a rental. the rental isn't the best deal unless you just don't want the thing around the shop once you're done since you have to pay shipping (and its friggin heavy) both ways to the tune of about 50 bucks on top of the 75 bucks rental charge, or 175 if you decide to keep it (150 + 25 shipping).

what part of town are you in? if you buy the tool its not that hard to do the work. if you're on the west side i might be able to help.

I think I am going to have to buy one. Do you know about the Jetski ranch out in pearland? Its a jetski junkyard and used parts center. I am going to call him up and see if he has one. If not I will just buy one.

I live in the Heights

[MENTION=43374]Coastiejoe[/MENTION] has one he rents at cost to members. If you do decide to buy one get it for Watercraft Superstore, it's the same company as SBT and the same tool, except WCS offers free shipping.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back