Aftermarket Flame Arrestors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgardner928

So I have single carbs on my 717. I have R&D pro locks on my carbs. No carb brace. I saw this on FB and did not know they made dual carb braces. Id like to see about a single.

Does anyone know where I can find the single...or even the dual? I've looked all over Google with no results.

Attachments

• 20190813_225258.jpg
    20190813_225258.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 16
I know this sounds silly but why not just go back to the stock setup?
You aren't gaining any performance from that setup and if you didn't rejet your carbs you are running lean.

@Matt Braley might know where to get an AM brace though.

I don't know of anyone selling new braces these days. You won't have a problem with the single carb setup it was the twin carbs that failed without a brace. The intake manifold can crack and break and the cases have even broken. I've run both kinds without a brace without any issues before. You can make a couple support straps for piece of mind just make sure it's something that won't rust.

I know this sounds silly but why not just go back to the stock setup?
You aren't gaining any performance from that setup and if you didn't rejet your carbs you are running lean.

@Matt Braley might know where to get an AM brace though.

The OEM boxes are made for impossible time consuming process to calibrate your carbs. My jetting is the same, just aftermarket arrestors. Adjust carbs is easier without the big box.

When rebuilting carbs its inedible that you will hut an adjustment and put them out of wack. So you need to calibrate them again once installed. To remove the oem box cover and unbolt and remove bottom, then adjust, then reinstall the bottom and top, than test...just to do it all over again..IS A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS, lol.

I don't know of anyone selling new braces these days. You won't have a problem with the single carb setup it was the twin carbs that failed without a brace. The intake manifold can crack and break and the cases have even broken. I've run both kinds without a brace without any issues before. You can make a couple support straps for piece of mind just make sure it's something that won't rust.

Maybe not new stock. Ill take old stock or one I xan use as a tamplate to fabricate ones also.

The OEM boxes are made for impossible time consuming process to calibrate your carbs. My jetting is the same, just aftermarket arrestors. Adjust carbs is easier without the big box.

When rebuilting carbs its inedible that you will hut an adjustment and put them out of wack. So you need to calibrate them again once installed. To remove the oem box cover and unbolt and remove bottom, then adjust, then reinstall the bottom and top, than test...just to do it all over again..IS A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS, lol.
I disagree. If your carbs are correct and engine is good then there is nothing to mess with on these and they will run perfect with stock settings every time.

Also you are running lean, especially at 3/4 throttle if you did not rejet for the aftermarket filters. The stock jetting is specifically set for the strong vacuum signal the stock airbox provides. You can't just put on aftermarket filters and not rejet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back