a couple more newbie questions if you dont mind...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarsjm

oil: i read this over at iboats... my sporsters needs oil now and i dont wanna be an idiot and put something in it that will destroy hoses and such as i've read at seadoosource.com that says that other oils have caused breakdown of plastic and hoses and that he can only attribute that to having used other oils other than oem stuff. so, here is what i found at iboat and please guide my newbie butt to the correct oil so we can enjoy our little sportster... thanks again...i forgot the other questions.. when i remember them i will post... oh, here is one.. WHERE, if there is one, is the forum directory for 'seadooforum'? cant find the directory.. thanks:).. OH... since i dont know WHAT oil is in the reservoir now, not much left, what should i do as to not mix? the dealer i bought the boat from, i think, may not have followed the manual much as HE bought it from a boat auction... gonna call him and see if anything, what he may have put into the oil tank.... cant get a hold of him but here is a copy/paste from iboat about oil:

Re: Oil for a 97 seadoo speedster boat 2 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by marionr26 View Post
I have a speedster jet boat has the twin 85hp 2 stroke engines on it....You basically fill with oil and it mixes it self. What I need to know is can I run TC-3 2 stroke oil from walmart...Do I have to pay 38.95 from seadoo for there oil.....He is a pic of the oil I got from walmart can I use it???? The priemium plus or the XLF-2 cycle. I didnt wont to try it until i found out for sure

http://oilstore.stores.yahoo.net/marine.html
Absolutly not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23562

The Amsoil HP Injector oil will do you fine, What you are looking for is the API-TC specification for your SeaDoo!

HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)
Excellent for all outboard motors with a performance emphasis on modern direct fuel injected (DFI) technology. Also recommended for personal watercraft, jet boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. Injector use or 50:1 premix.
NMMA TC-W3, API TC

and then i found this:

For the best protection exceeding API TC: Use oil that meets or exceeds ISO EGD, ISO EGC, JASO FC, or JASO FD

can someone PLEASE give me a BRAND and NAME/Spec so i can go to my local auto parts store and get me some..thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back