RESTO 99 seadoo gtx limited, pulled carbs and cleaned, now ski won't start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraFfiX420

Hello, I was having issues reaching top speed, had the grey fuel lines, pulled the carbs and cleaned the filters and internals, replaced the lines, cleaned the fuel filter etc. I accidentally set the highs and lows on the carbs for the 98 gtx limited, I have a 99 gtx limited, will that cause it not to run? I'm reading it might be the o-ring in the fuel filter can. Anything else I should check? Going to pull the carbs now and set the highs and lows properly.

You need to rebuild the carbs with new Mikuni parts including needles and seats, not just "clean" the carbs.

You need to rebuild the carbs with new Mikuni parts including needles and seats, not just "clean" the carbs.
Yeah, I get that, but I couldn't get the kits locally, they were supposed to be here Friday, but they're coming tomorrow. Carb kits, new needles and seats, new fuel filter and o ring for the filter. The issue with rpms seems to be a combination of fuel starvation and raves. When I cleaned my fuel selector switch, I must have damaged something, because I get the best fuel flow when the selector is in the off position. Replaced the vacuum lines to the rave valves yesterday, should I be able to blow into the line? If not, I've got a cracked fitting or check valve problem. With my fuel selector in the off position, if I run at WOT for around 30 seconds, I can feel the raves open and my rpms go from 5500 to 6500 very quickly.

Almost forgot, you can't clean the fuel selectors, the have to be replaced. The rubber inside goes bad with age and it will suck air not fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back