98 GTX LTD jet pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

I took off the cone for the jet jump to clean it, add new oil, and seals. The book says to put Loctite 518 on the mating surface of cover. Not sure if they mean the surface where the bolts attach or the surface where the O-ring goes. The parts breakdown show the Loctite at the O-ring seal but I found remnants of sealant around the bolts. Any ideas?

Just on the o-ring for the cone. You want it also on the venturi housing to the pump.

After taking it part some I notice this green tube sticking out of the one of the two tubes on the venturi. Is this right? Has a liner for the tubing come loose or is this a mod someone did to help? {Pic below

I looked in the parts book and there is a siphon tube listed that looks like this? Is that it, do I need two then? Does it stick out like that?

Attachments

• venturi tube.jpg
    venturi tube.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I got the siphon tubes today. they are plastic and the green one already installed is metal......humm. My question is ..do I use some rtv when I install the tubes or are they slightly tapped into the hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back