98 GS, no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pulse line has to be connected to the engine case port or it won’t pump fuel and no you can’t do it fast enough manually.

Connect all the hoses except the return at the carb. Blow air into the fuel tank check valve with your finger over the return hose, as soon as fuel starts bubbling out of the return fitting on the carb put the return hose on. You have just filled your carbs and primed the fuel system.

Latest update;

Left everything connected, pulled the return line from the tank and pulled fuel through the system (Fuel selector set to reserve). After pulling @ 1/2 qt, I reconnected the return to the tank.
Pulled the pulse line, Seemed,, loose.
Hmm, why is it a 5/16" line??? replace with 1/4" line.

Cranked the engine with the choke pulled for @ 20 seconds. Engine fired (WOOHOO), then stalled (Damm).
Hit the button again with the choke pulled, engine started right away, feathered throttle and choke for @ 30 seconds. Engine ran strong. Shut it off (as it's on the trailer with no water).

Waited @ 15 min, Starts as Soon as I press the starter, no choke.
Wait an hour, Starts as Soon as I press the starter, no choke.

Feels strong, Will test in the water this evening.

Bill

Tested in the water last evening (Well, on the trailer, in the water).
Started right up, stumbled/stalled till it was warm enough to keep running, throttled up well. Smokes like a B!tch.

Will NOT run on the main tank selector, runs on reserve (tank is almost full). New petcock is on order.

Once that is in, will "road" test. Thinking it needs run to blow the crap out of it. Been sitting for @ 4 years.

OK, next question.

on the "instrument cluster" there is only a fuel gauge (with an oil level light). the right spot has nothing. Is there an "OEM ish" tach or a speedo that I could retrofit in?

Or should I get something like this for RPM

The GS is the base model so it doesn't have all the gauges. I am not positive but it probably doesn't have the MPEM or wiring to support additional OEM gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back