97xp blowing 5 amp fuse please help newbie

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i cleaned the lanyard and while its running i move it around alot and it doesnt seem to affect it like it was loosing magnetic pull but thats exactly what it sounds like when it dies just like i pull the lanyard off is there any way to bypass that to see if its the problem....

sorry i cleaned it the other day and there has been no change in it..... also im going to replace the fuel lines today but i really dont want to mess with the carbs until last becasue there aftermarket carbs....

no, because the landyard has a "rom" chip inside, that the mpem reads...could be the "vent" in tank, creates pressure, than just kills boat,..lack of fuel.?

so is there a pickup in the tank.... i see all the hoses and and two wires so im assumming there is if so is there a way to test it to see the psi its holding

does ur gas gauge work. Thats what the wires are for. Stock, the ski came with 2-40I carbs, with eccelerator on pto carb. If doesnt have "external" fuel pump, then it'll be on mag carb, but being aftermarket carbs, something may not be set-up right. I'd take the time and remove them, go thru them..etc, dont want a lesson, by a blown motor.:cheers:

oic one last thing before i pull the carbs can i use a jug and pull the main line off of the tank and use another one to feed the carbs to see if its getting fuel propperly also is there any way the rave valves could cause any of this.....

if rave valve proble, it would "stumble" at top end/bottom end, if they were stick'n, but not bad idea to pull them, inspect/clean since ur in there.

well i noticed that there is a little gas oil mix look to be coming out of one maybe a o ring is bad????? i dunno but no it doesnt stumble it runs good bottom top and idle but just dies..... what about the jug idea with another fuel line would that maybe work....

ok guys i replaced the gray fuel lines with black also i had it running for awhile today and i tested the battery while it was running and all i got was 12.6 steady is this normal or should it be more than that...

should be more, tobe. Be above 14v, when running. If you just replaced the grey lines, then need to go thru carb/s..be a good idea.:cheers:

ok so if it never gets up to 13 volts there is a prob right how do i test the rectifier also if i throtle it up real fast it will die quicker then letting it run at a idle..

the system is running off of battery juice, only..with those readings. Need a new rectifier, then see what happens. Have you gone thru the carbs yet?

ok im sorry if you are getting irritated i just dont want to spend money on something that isnt the problem i understand if i unplug the rectifier it isnt going to charge but i figured it might drop the ohm reading if it was working while plugged so how can you determine that it is the recifier and not the stator isnt the stator the one that feeds the juice to the rectifier..... please let me know how you determine if its one or the other.... thanks for all your help......

Bill O'Neal quote.

You are assuming that you should be seeing a spike or an increase in voltage when reving the motor. Normally, you would, except if the battery is fully charged up, it does not need additional voltage, so you are not seeing any higher numbers.

If say, you did see an increase in voltage, it would tell you that the battery is drawing that voltage from the rectifier/regulator and charging system.
If you saw a drop in voltage when you reved it up, it would indicate that the charging system is not functioning correctly and then you might want to test it or install the new rectifier.regulator.

Just because you do not see a rise in voltage is not an indication of a bad charging system if the battery is full and is not drawing any charge

So, with that said, try it, and if something is to go wrong/battery die...in the manual, is a how-to, test for the stator assy...

ok i know my battery is pretty much dead i have to jump it to start it and after it runs i still have to jump it but it holds 12 or close to it while not running and 12.6 or a little more while running so im gonna do a couple things you said tomorrow and ill let you know the outcome.....

k today i started it up with the jump box but before i did i tested the batter and it tested 11.6 and after i started it and revved it to probably 5k i got 13.16 out of it does this sound right and isnt 11.6 enough to start it but it wont start unless i jump it.....

The battery must be fully charged. 11.6 volts is only about 50% charged.

Chester

ok im going to make my way up today to get a brand new battery id hate to get this on the water then the battery not start me up..... ill let you know how it does with a new battery thanks guys....:cheers:

ok i bought a new battery today and charged it for the 19 hrs that it was suppose to been charged and i ohm tested it and it tested out about 12.2 or so and i put it in the ski and started it witout a problem and reved it up and got about 13.8 or so out of it and it died and is doing the same thing it will run sometimes for 5 sec and others for 5 min and up and die... Do we need to start from the begininng again and make sure we didnt over look something... Also it seems like if i rev it back and forth it stays running longer and everytime i go wot it dies instantly... i tried swithing the fuel to on and reserve and nothing different and i unplugged the vts at the 6 plug harness near the rear and nothing diff on that either..... PLEASE HELP

with 3-pages of post, think be easier to re-ask (?) questions...check connections everywhere, check the plug at mag assy for corrosion/broken pins...etc.

ok ill do it again i did notice some corrosion in one of the main plugs on the mpem i didnt no what to clean it with but i've look over all the plugs and not come up with anything.... I went to get a book today but they didnt have one for my model.... so????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back