97 xp fuel line help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robrat20

I put a new motor in my xp changed all fuel lines rebuilt carbs and I'm trying to get it to run but it's not getting fuel the lines are clear so I can see that no fuel is building up I used a hand pump to pull fuel into the lines won't hold a prime any help would be appreciated

Sounds like You have an air leak some where in the system. Might check the O ring on the fuel filter/water separator. They are known to leak.

I keep a small outboard tank and hose in the shop with 40:1 XPS-II premix in it, comes in handy to show people what side of the fuel system their problem lies. Install a line clamp on the fuel supply to the pump inlet and remove it, slide the end of the outboard tank hose on and fuel tie it off and pump the primer and crank it.

You'll find out in a real hurry if the problem lies on the fuel supply side of the tank/vent/filter/selector/lines or in the fuel pump and carbs.

What waterluvr said will give you a quick divide-the-fuel-system-in-half diagnosis.

You mention clear fuel lines; in my experimentation I have found that regular vinyl line will get very hard within a week or so when used with gasoline. This may be a contributing/causal thing.

I have regularly used a brake bleeder (vacuum pump) with some clear line to connect to various points in the fuel system and suck up some fuel; where you see bubbles in the clear fuel line this means you are getting closer to the air leak. Fuel selector is a prime suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back