97 Seadoo GTX won't start, 1 long beep when start button engaged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankernav

Hi,

I bought 2 GTX's that had been sitting for 2-3 years. 1 was stored inside which I got running with minimal effort, and the 2nd was stored outside and have multiple issues.

GTX that won't start:

-Key recognized with 2 beeps. When start button engaged, only 1 beep and nothing happens. The info gauge is hard to read with portions faded when electrically on.

-New fully charged battery, can manually jump starter solenoid and motor cranks fine.
-I have unplugged and checked all wiring for breaks, no issues found.

Other issues and factors:
-The distributor box by the battery was full of water, emptied and dried already.
-Engine is blowing water out of spark plug holes when engine is cranked.
-Raves have been removed and plates installed over holes.

Ok, I'm into this Seadoo for $700 dollars, is it worth going down the road of replacing the MPEM and working the engine issues or should I cut my losses, part it out, and use the parts for my other Seadoos?

Thanks!

No matter any other issue, if it is blowing water out of the ply holes and that water has been in there for any length of time, that motor is likely destroyed... Chances are, the various electronics are/were wet also. You will have to open al L the electrical boxes and dos. Very detailed inspection,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back