97 seadoo gsi carb problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man I appreciate your input so far it’s sounds great and does not flood no more still got to water test but so far so good!! Does your motor kind of sound like there knocking I’m new to skis but been at a for life it could just be me listening to hard lol I just rebuilt 1 mm over and to start it had 120 psi but now it’s been broke in cause now it’s 140 front 150 back

You shouldn’t have a 10 psi difference between cylinders especially on a new engine.

The knocking is typically the impeller splines.

I know I’m hoping it levels out but with carb prob it has not. Been broke in right but just did it when I got home on cold motor and they were even 150 I used two diff testers also

Thanks to all I just got back from river and that thing is off the chain fast great throttle response so gsi old carbs are trash and tested compression hot motor 140 both cylinders good enough!! Now I need to figure out why it blew the first time it only had 36 hrs from factory and it blew I put new oil lines I see oil pumping slow not fast but I figured that’s how fast it moves I pulled lever all the way to fill lines but I’ll see after my premix is gone I guess but anyway thanks mwatt65 the carb change my be a pretty penny but well worth it over the headache of old carb that they don’t even sale anymore!!!

As far as it blowing the first time. I would say that your old carb was not supplying enough fuel causing a lean condition. Keep an eye on your plugs. Pull the lanyard at wot in the water and check your plugs. They should be medium to dark brown.

I still running 50:1 in tank with oil injection so I’m waiting to do that test when it’s got straight gas in it plug is really brown right now but I’ve got new plugs for next tank of gas thanks

Went out today thing runs great besides a slight hesitation at take off but I’m guessing because it’s got so much oil between pump and mix in tank but I pulled plugs when I got home and there black and wet so thinking of draining tank but also noticed vibration when putting on trailer come to find out two right motor mount broke ugh can’t catch a break but my fault I knew it sat for 18 years should have changed with rebuild

It’s still hesitating at take off well when I pin it from dead stop it kind of Boggs then it’s gone what y’all think my next move should be??
On a different note tell y’all what other issues happened found that motor mounts broke so I pulled motor to also check where I had a little oil leak domewhere found and fixed hoses for rotary bath were not right well I saw a ton of gold flake in oil line further investigation on one side of rotary shaft gear was completely teeth gone but rest were fine like shaft stopped and motor keep turning so damn glad I pulled motor I’ve replaced whole shaft and all just to be safe put all back together again fired right up but like I said pin it bogs for 2 sec then goes any help would be appreciated sorry for all over the place problems but just wanting to show how pulling /inspection of these motors will save headaches

It could be the 3 small transition holes in the pilot circuit of the carbs. They have to be completely clean.

If you are at a dead idle then pin it wide open your going to get a hesitation, this is just how carbs work. The huge change in vacuum when the butterfly is pinned wide open takes a few seconds to start pulling fuel.

It could be the 3 small transition holes in the pilot circuit of the carbs. They have to be completely clean.

If you are at a dead idle then pin it wide open your going to get a hesitation, this is just how carbs work. The huge change in vacuum when the butterfly is pinned wide open takes a few seconds to start pulling fuel.
It’s a brand new carb

As above it’s a carbeurated ski. It will take a few seconds from idle to catch up. It sounds like you’ve got it running pretty good. Check those plugs from time to time. Also the fact that the GSI doesn’t have trim causes some delay out of the hole.

As above it’s a carbeurated ski. It will take a few seconds from idle to catch up. It sounds like you’ve got it running pretty good. Check those plugs from time to time. Also the fact that the GSI doesn’t have trim causes some delay out of the hole.
What u mean doesnt have trim? Vts? Yes they do

Does the carb have the correct jets, spring, needle and seat and high and low screws set correctly?

Didn’t know the gsi had trim. Haha. Worked on many Gs and gsx but never a gsi.

Does the carb have the correct jets, spring, needle and seat and high and low screws set correctly?
Yes as far as I know it’s a brand new carb for gs and other 720 motors cause they quit making gsi carb there junk there they same except the new one has the accelerator pump but I might need to fine tune low screw maybe

Just make sure the carb has the same jets and needle and seats as one that came with the accelerator pump as all 720’s are the same. You can also just block off the accelerator pump and run your stock jetting.

Why would I block it of it’s very helpful on start up didn’t have to hook my primer up thanks to it or does it do more than help at start up also maybe this is important maybe not but I built this engine 1 mm over so I’m a atv mechanic very diff with these machines but with my ATVs need bigger jets with the built motor

Boring over will not change jetting.

The accelerator pump was used for emissions so it could be jetted leaner. Honestly with or without as long as they are jetted correctly you won’t notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back