97 seadoo gsi carb problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hewett85

Hello I know there’s tons of info on carbs but never any coming back saying yes this was it I just rebuilt top end carb new fuel lines and all put back together fires right up but instantly floods if gas isn’t turned off so I buy Mikuni rebuild kit and throw first one out cheap eBay one! But now it’s not getting enough gas cause I will have it pegged and it’s pure bogging I hit primer one time it takes off like a bat out of hell for a sec til I prime once again I’ve turned low screw everywhere with no change I’m stumped compression is 150 on cold motor will 1 mm over pistons

Just went out and tested it all I switched out was the diaphragm put cheap one in and it’s running better Boggs for a sec but then gone but it’s looking like it’s gonna flood if I leave gas on ugh I love this thing and been against trading her in on 4 stroke but this is 6 months and 1000 bucks ugh

If I ever figure them out I will post. :) With the issues I' ve been having the best thing I've done is replace the needles and seats with Genuine Mikuni and set the pop off at 32 psi. I tried it at 23 for several tests, then 27 and it got a little better. I am almost tempted to go to 36 to see what happens. :)

Did you reuse the black spring from your original carb setup with the Mikuni kit ?

There is a point that carbs can’t be rebuilt. I just put a new carb on a 97 gs about a month ago after experiencing some of these same issues. 200 bucks later it runs like new.

Did you reuse the black spring from your original carb setup with the Mikuni kit ?

I don't think the black spring is in there. No tellin how many cheap kits made it in this carb. There were no numbers on the bottom of the seat either. LOL

There is a point that carbs can’t be rebuilt. I just put a new carb on a 97 gs about a month ago after experiencing some of these same issues. 200 bucks later it runs like new.
Yeah that’s kind of where I was thinking of going but I can’t find the exact carb for mine the closest ones that 401 only diffrence I guess is that pump housing mounted to the original pump

I don't think the black spring is in there. No tellin how many cheap kits made it in this carb. There were no numbers on the bottom of the seat either. LOL
Yes I did then I TrueDepth the two new ones no change I’ve taken this carb off and on so much this week I can take off and install back in under 10 min smash

OSD and Bay Area powersports both have new carbs for it. I’ve only had the one that I couldn’t fix with a rebuild . Same motor and carb as yours. I finally gave up and bought new. It just comes down to how valuable your time is I guess.

OSD and Bay Area powersports both have new carbs for it. I’ve only had the one that I couldn’t fix with a rebuild . Same motor and carb as yours. I finally gave up and bought new. It just comes down to how valuable your time is I guess.
Could you send me a link

Mine didn’t either. The new one with the accel pump works great
Sounds good thanks man I’m so done with this carb guess there’s a reason they don’t sell a new one. Did you have to do much tuning I see it says will have to fine tune upon installation

I went with the 98 Gs settings because it had the accelerator pump. You may want to wait for Miki and Dr Honda to chime in. They may be able to help u with your present carb. They are much more knowledgeable than me on carbs. Just giving you some options. I will see if I have the OSD link also.

I went back to book reset low screw back to one turn out with cheaper diaphragm in it and it acts a little better I don’t get how it runs better with cheap vs mik wtf but also my book says 0 turns on high screw but sbt setting I seen online say 1 3/4 that not some little adjustments what thoughts anyone ?? Thanks in advance

If that’s your original carb the settings are low 1 high 1 1/2. Dr Honda checked the sbt settings and some of them are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back