97 Seadoo Challenger-Where do I find the hours on the engine?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place the hours is displayed is in the MPEM,( Multi Purpose Electronic Module) which is only viewed by a servicing dealer with the Mpem reader. That's why everyone else installs a Hour meter after you get the correct hours, so you can keep track of the tiem to do maintenance. I install them on all my boats I own.

Karl

You should post your seadoo information in your avatar like me for future questions. Inside the front compartment under the tool area is the wiring to attach the Hour gauge. Connect to the purple wire for power and find a good ground for the meter. Then attach the meter to a convenient place so it can be seen when you need to see it. The purple wires only supply power when the DESS is connected so it will have an accurate reading. After the dealer tells you the hours on the Boat, Bench the meter ( run it on a 12 volt battery on the bench till it reaches the correct used hours) then install it.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that is good to know. I am just going to add one next year when I rebuild the motor and then I will know how many hours are on the fresh rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back