97 GTX - High Temp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsergio

My 97 GTX runs great for 30 minutes then it shuts down like the key is coming off the dess post. I get two beeps when I re-attach the key but the starter just spins very quietly and does not engage. I pressed the start/stop button 5 times with the key off and the display said High Temp. I let the engine cool for about 15 minutes and it did start. It ran for another 5 minutes and then shut down again. Could it be as simple as a bad heat sensor?

could be...i'd pull the waterlines off, and shoot compressed air thru...if ruling that out, then out riding, if does again, pull seat, and feel the pipe/motor. If not hot, then disconnect the wire to sensor,..run again, see if acts up.

My boat did this, and ended up being the sensor for the fuel. Baffle was toast, read'n empty, so disconnect it, and walah, stopped beeping.

I would get that starter looked at to. once it starts to grind like that, you got about another 30 starts to go, and then it never engages. Trust me. You will probably be out in the middle of the lake when it finally fails to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back