97 GSX 787 Carb/Rave Valve Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftmx348

Hey hows everybody doing. Just looking for some input I have a 1997 Seadoo GSX 787 last week it started with a little bog at 6500 rpms where it would drop down to about 5500-5700 while it was under a load. Changed the plugs on it hoping it was a small issue even though at first thought it seemed like a fuel problem. Ran it this weekend, it would take off from a dead stop no problem no miss all the way until 4000-4500 rpms. Once over that it would start surging as if it was starving for gas. It would stay running but just surge. It was very noticeable over waves and would really start surging. Like I said it seems to me like that would point to a dirty carb but I know Rave valves can play a role in this too, Im just not sure to what extent. Back in may I pulled them apart and cleaned the rave valves, replaced gaskets and rebuilt them with the SBT rebuild kit. It ran fine after that for quite a few weekends. I pulled rave valve covers off today and the front cylinder rave valve moved up and down much more freely than the rear. I also pulled the plugs and both cylinders were running very lean so I dont want to keep running it with that issue. So my question is am I on point with thinking I got a case of bad gas and need to go through the carbs? or would you guys say its a Rave valve issue. I always find what I need on this forum and its been a great help. I appreciate all your input in Advance!

Yep, listen to Lou. If you still have gray lines and having a lean condition run it no more until you replace them and clean the whole fuel delivery system including fuel selector valve, vents and pressure relief valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back