97 GS no beep no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

abuzar1

Parked it running fine a couple months back. Jumping starter solenoid gets it to crank. I plugged in key nothing happens but the red light on the gauge blinks a few times. When I press the starter button it blinks also. I have tried a couple batteries. No beeps. It was beeping yesterday hooked up to a marine battery via jumper cables but now it's not even doing that. It would beep twice when you plug in the key but no beeps when you press the start button. Also I checked the fuses in the front black box and in the rear box next to the battery and they're good.

I also swapped in the starter solenoid from my 96 XP to see if it makes a difference. It doesn't.

Can anyone please help? When I plug in key the red light is solid for maybe 10 seconds and then goes out. Nothing else happening. No beeps.

The fact that you can jump the solenoid and it cranks means that you have a good battery and the connections are good, as well as a good starter. Check the fusee at the MPEM.

I see only two fuses up there a 15A and a 5A and they're both good.

EDIT: Let me replace them with new fuses just to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced fuses no changes. When jumping solenoid it is slow to crank. I was using a battery with jumper cables to do this. Maybe low voltage? Let me hook up a different battery securely and try again.

ALSO are there two negative wires on this model? My XP has two negative wires. I had the battery out of this one and I've only found one negative wire. If there are two I can see why it wont start lol

You will only have two neg. wires if the ski has a rear E-box, I believe the 97GS only has an E-box in the front.

Lou

Yeah I did not see a second wire. I hooked up another battery directly (not via jumper cables). It is my motorcycle battery the only battery I know for sure works great. I use it on a 1000cc bike. I hooked it up and still the same result. Btw when I jump it the starter doesn't crank fast. It cranks pretty slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back