97 Challenger 1800 stalling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cchuckplay

I have a 97 Challenger 1800 w/ duel 110hp. The left engine runs fine up to 5000rpm, but if I push it the rest of the way up, it will g to 7000 ten cut down to 4500rpm then work back up to 700rpm. Every time it gets back to 7000rpm, its cuts back down to 4500 and slowly goes back to 7000. I took the boat and had both engines serviced and all the carbs cleaned. The engines fire right up and will run great at 5000rpm, it’s just when I push it full throttle. The right engine runs great even the left is having problems.

It sounds like it might have something in the carb. Like it's starving at RPM's for fuel. How is it at any other rpm's and is it only if you jump on it to 7000 RPM's? or cruising too? As an option I would check with servicing dealer and see what they will do ...you paid for a service, not a problem. Call the dealer but get back to us too and we'll see what we can do.

Karl

Sea doo stalling

I have a 97 Challenger 1800 w/ duel 110hp. The left engine runs fine up to 5000rpm, but if I push it the rest of the way up, it will g to 7000 ten cut down to 4500rpm then work back up to 700rpm. Every time it gets back to 7000rpm, its cuts back down to 4500 and slowly goes back to 7000. I took the boat and had both engines serviced and all the carbs cleaned. The engines fire right up and will run great at 5000rpm, it’s just when I push it full throttle. The right engine runs great even the left is having problems.

Hello I have the same prob. with my boat. Did you ever find the prob?

Froggy....history please!

Although all problems sound the same, they likely are not. Please give more detailed info on what your experiencing.

Have you had the boat in the shop? Have you taken or adjusted the carbs lately?

If not and your boat just started experiencing this surging, on one motor, it's more likely that you've got a problem with the check valve at the main jet. Or possibly at the fuel pump.

If you haven't had a carb clean and/or rebuild, it's about that time. If your careful, you can take the carbs apart without ripping gaskets, cleaning the micro mesh filters then, check the diaphragm and needle valve. Make sure your lever on your needle is flush with the top of the body of the car plate. When you take off your plate that sits over the main jets, check to see that the small plasitc check valve lays flat. It's kinda like a "reed" vavle in a carb.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back