96 XP Top Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
54.24 on GPS was the fastest I was able to get tonight before I started to run out of fuel. I could punch it and it'd just fall flat on it's face. So I idled back to the dock before I ran completely out. I'll get some more gas tomorrow and head back out after work.

I have a 96 XP with rossier pipe, prok fas, JD #6 grate and skat swirl 17-22 and ran 57.5 on pretty flat water, not quite glass. I weigh about 145#. does this sound about right for the mods?

Take that grate off and put stock back and you will gain 2-3 mph. Those grates are too aggressive. Good for low speed. Top end is another story.

I would rather have best hole shot with top end 55+ .. not really trying to increase my top end, just want to make sure I'm getting proper performance out of what I have. main purpose is jumping wakes and running the winding rivers so more interested in bottom/mid end

Temperature was down to 72 today. Set GPS tracker and maxed out 57.2 mph. Stock 97XP
229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
What app is that? Looks cool!

I posted this in another thread but it belongs here.

230.jpg

Stock engine from airbox to waterbox. Tim tabs, nozzles, grate, Solas x0 6760 rpm.

Busted out 56 mph today. 100% stock, nearly glass water. 87 octane, and 210 lbs rider.

Rob

What app is that? Looks cool!

Motionx-GPS. I use it for hiking, scouting hunting and fishing and even Geocaching. . Let's you mark and save multiple waypoints, tracks, etc. they have a free version with limited waypoints.

So, you figured it out? What was the problem?

Posted in my thread all details but.
Put stock airbox on, which richened it up a bit and water regulator bellow had a hole in it. Did temp fix with high temp rtv.

Runs like a champ!

Rob

Man we must have it lucky down here. I just tuned my brothers ski with only vortex FAs and even an intake grate to slow him down and turned 6950-7000 consistently. Seems like everyone's rpm are low with the mods stated.
We were running on a fresh wear ring at 85 degree temps.

I envy all of you.. I topped out at 46-47 on my 96 spx when it was last running 2 yrs ago.. But it also had crazy cavitation from an old west ring, 2 broken motor mounts, a worn carbon ring, and after I pulled the motor, the bolts that hold it to the engine cradle were off and laying at the bottom of the hull.
Since then, I've got a new wear ring, new driveshaft (used, but not pitted beyond belief like the original one) new motor mounts, entirely new driveline parts (carbon ring, clips, ss ring, bellows, etc) and new fuel lines/filters.. Last thing I need to do is slap the carbs back on..
Should I be hitting at least 50mph after all of this? (Completely stock)
Trying to figure out what the normal top speed is for this craft

^^ this is my brother, took the ski back out today wind in my face, yesterday turned 7040rpm and got it up to 59 on the gps, today I turned 7110 but windy and choppy couldn't quite get 60. Still gotta lot of issues to fix on this xp, and it has a grate on it, so with F/A's only should turn 60mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back