Battery hopped out of case and touched water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn21

Hey everyone. So i have a 96 seadoo xp 800 that i just installed a pipe on and on my very first trial run i hit a big wave and the battery hopped out of the battery holder and landed in water and instantly shorted something out. I can get it to turn over but it will not start at all. Can anyone recommend where to start looking or how to fix the problem? I took it into a shop this past weekend and they laughed saying good luck finding parts for something almost 30 years old.. I rolled my eyes and said thanks for nothing guys. Appreciate any help or input!

It looks like the plastic housing the battery sits in decided to fall apart and the battery slid out of the side wall that cracked. Strap was still in tact just around the cable not the battery itself after it slid. Checked fuses and nothing noticeably blown. Definitely had a burnt electrical smell in the hull when I pulled the seat off.

Go through all your connections with a fine toothed comb,,,look for partially melted wiring.,,check for spark, that will set you in the right direction.

You're going to need a Multi-meter to check all the Wires, Fuses and Components.

Sometimes the Fuses look good at first sight but the Ohmmeter will tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back