96 SPX impeller pitch question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherri96

I have a complete stock SPX with the 720 engine, also have a Solas SD-SC-D impeller (16/21) from a lot of parts I bought used off facebook. I have read the stock impeller is 11/22 pitch. My question is will this impeller work in my SPX.

I recently rebuilt the carbs and changed the fuel lines for the first time since 96 and now the ski runs amazing so I am not really looking to gain anything but I figured since I have the Solas impeller might as well see if I can use it. I have read a few things on impeller pitch and think I understand the basic concept but I am lost when it comes to the progressive pitches.

If this impeller does not fit does anyone know what it fits? From what I can tell the SD-SC-D impeller has been discontinued so I can not find much information about it.

It might work but if your stock impeller is good it is hard to improve on as seadoo dd a really good job selection them.

You also can't use the pitch numbers as there is no standard so a stock 11/22 would not be close to a solas 11/22.

It might work, but I don’t think it was really designed for that application. If I remember correctly, the SD-SC-D was intended for the 657 engines in the older hulls. Matt will probably chime in at some point with some insight, but I think that’s right...

It came with some skis I bought for parts but I couldn’t remember if it was on it one of them or in a box. There was a:
89 sp w/ the yellow 587
(2) 94 Spx w/ 657s
And a 95 sp w/ the 587

So I bet your right and it was meant for one of the 94 Spx with the 657.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back