96 sportster - wakeboarding?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joejacobi

Hi there - I honestly don't know much about these boats - wondering if you can wakeboard behind a 96 sportster? are wakeboard towers available for them? thanks.

i have a 1996 speedster lots of power to pull the hake board just not to muck wake to ride on but good for learning only problem i had is i have no wake tower and the wife says it is hard to keep a steady pull speed, i am also looking for a wake tower for mine looks like a lot of money so far and not to many people want to show theres

Here is a picture of my Speedster with a tower...

62.jpg

I am curious to a tower as well. I have found them in the 600-700 dollar range but I want to be able to still uses the bimini if possible (the wifey likes it). I am not sure that it is possible though unless you buy a package.

The tower I have is from Avenger Wake Sports. It came with the boat when I bought it. Its very solid and hardly moves under heavy chop. I took the wake board racks and the mirror off just temporarily. I am putting them back on and they fit nicely and look great too. Now I just need to get the boat running perfect. =)

I'm pretty sure this is the one I have (link below). It seems universal since it can slide out or in at the middle...

http://www.avengerwakesports.com/wakeboardtowers.html

I am also looking for a bimini. I found a few that mount to the tower and sit above the tower...when I get one I will post it up.

I just mean that the tower doesn't shake or wiggle at all as you are underway. Sometimes towers will...

tower on speedster

Did you have to reinforce the hull any on the mounting locations for the tower? Any spider-web cracks? Have you pulled a good bit with it? Does it affect the handling of the boat any....making it feel top heavy, or like it will flip over?

I'm considering putting a Speedster 150 factory tower on my 1997, but am apprehensive regarding my questions above. I sure would love to hear someone's feedback who has a tower on this model boat, since so many don't have one. Thanks in advance....and please, elaborate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back