96 Speedster prep for storage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I unfortunately live in a place where we get snow. My question is about engine fogging. With my older seadoo pwc I always run it in water while spraying fogging spray into the intake. Is this the same for my dual engine speedster?

Since it is cold and I missed the window to make it to the water, Is it possible to use the hose attachment ports on the back to start up the engine on the trailer for fogging purposes?. I have never used those ports and didn't really trust them for starting on land. My understanding is they are there to flush the engine for after salt water operations. I don't put it in salt water so I ignored them.

long story short..Is it acceptable to run the engines with those hose fittings and a garden hose for 10 minutes or so? Any other pointers on winter storage would be appreciated. Thanks!

You don’t want to fog with the engine running with a load because you will just burn off and wash off all the fogging oil.

To do it correctly pull the air box cover and have your fogging oil ready. Start the ski dry then spray the fogging oil down the carbs a few seconds. Stop the engine and put the air box cover on. Now pull the spark plugs and ground the cables on the posts.
Spray some fogging oil down each plug hole then bump the engine over a couple times. Reinstall the spark plugs and wires and the fogging is done.

What about storage antifreeze? Should some be run through the hose attachment?

There's a gallon or so of water in each exhaust. If you anticipate possibility of freezing temps, you do need
to get some antifreeze in there. There's info, if you search "winterizing antifreeze". I never paid attention to
specifics, I'm far enough south to not worry about it.

Ok thanks guys. I guess my main concern was starting the engine dry out of water. Sounds like that is ok for a few minutes for the purpose of fogging and maybe running antifreeze through.

Thanks
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back