96 seadoo xp problems!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadude767

Hey you guys I'm new to the site and new to the jet world. Despite the research I've done I'm still a noob to all this. So let's get to the point. I just bought this seadoo xp about a week ago.. all the mods on it is wat sold me,the seller start the ski right up even hit the throttle. A few time out of the water. He only mentioned that I had to keep my finger slighty on the throttle to keep it on idle (seemed kinda fishy to me) anyways that weekend I took it out to the lake. First off right out the trailer I had trouble starting it. After 10min it fired up while keeping my hand on the throttle. After taking it out of the no wake zone, I start to accelerate and boom it just died. It started right up but when I would hit the throttle it would just cut off.

So far this is what I have done. I've replaced all the grey fuel lines for injection fuel lines,I've cleaned out the fuel selector as well as changed the torn fuel filter. Now being a noob to this I was kind off hesistant on removing the carbs, but I went ahead and did it. I must say I'm glad I did because what I found was shocking, I had 1 stuck needle and blue goo in both internal filters. I'm rebuilding the carbs as I speak. I. Also have a BENT BUTTERFLY on one wing. Is this normal?

Compression on the engine is 160 dead on bothe cylinders

Now if doing all this doesn't help my problem, what else can be the issue with the ski just cutting off like that? Might I add that my buzzer,vtsgauge or fuel gauge works. How can I test all these?

Thanks for reading

I don't know about that bent butterfly on the wing, but I think this is a fuel issue. Have you checked your fuel pump ?

I don't know about that bent butterfly on the wing, but I think this is a fuel issue. Have you checked your fuel pump ?

Yes I did a pressure test on the pump and it seems to hold pressure. I even took it apart to clean it as it was dirty.
As for the bent butterfly. I'm really have difficulties getting answers. My assumption is that both should be closed completely but in this case ican be different I just don't know

A bent butterfly is not normal. They should both be straight and Open/close at the exact same time. Once you get your carbs straightened out it should run great.

A bent butterfly is not normal. They should both be straight and Open/close at the exact same time. Once you get your carbs straightened out it should run great.

Hey thanks, I was searching at online dealers but they don't seem to sell them anymore? Do u by any chance know where I can find one? Also to remove it is it just those those phillip screws? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back