96 Seadoo issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank6168

When ever I fill up the gas tank past the 3/4 mark, it's difficult to re-start the engine. And when I do get it going it takes another 5 minutes of little throttle response before the engine and throttle response starts working properly. What the problem? Changed spark plugs already.

With no responses does this mean my question stumped everyone? or being new to this, does this mean my questions has been asked and answered before. If that's the case how do I find the answer from a previous thread? Any help would be appreciated

The compression test is first then anything related to fuel involves a flushout, if piston failure be sure to get oiling system working while you use premix in 5 gallon loads - mark the tank to be sure it is drinking.

Sorry new to this, how would 'piston failure' be an issue. the engine runs great once it gets going. And I can stop and restart without problems. EXCEPT when I refill. It seems that only after I fill the tank it doesn't start right away. it takes a lot to get it started again and even then its a little 'shakey'. Then after a few minutes of rough idling it runs great again. so why the problems only after I fill up?

chech out your check valves on the vent lines. make sure they only work in one direction. just a guess

Check Valve is ok. Emptied tank & re-filled with new fuel. guess what...same issue. I only have problems starting right after a fill-up. And then it runs great.

Things keep getting interesting. So I cleaned out the gas tank and put high-octane gas in. Much more responsive to the throttle but I still have the same old problem. When I'm down to about a 1/4 tank and fill it up, I have to start it right away or forget it if I wait more than 5 minutes to restart. And once it starts, I need to keep the throttle at 3/4 depressed for about 2 to 3 minutes until it finally 'revs' up again and runs perfectly. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back