'96 SeaDoo GSX Fuel Float

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh you have a GTX? the title says GSX lol and trust me you have ALOT more room in your GTX the entire tank has to be drained and moved as far forward as possible on the GSX + steering removed and MPEM disconnected and removed

that said though, im pretty sure its the same wiring color codes (the workshop manual says pink & pink/black for mine :) sure its same for 96 GTX too)

Your probably right! I might try to look at that schematic tonight just to try to understand why (other than to sell parts) Seadoo put that fuse in there! Trust me though, I had a few bloody knuckles before I had my tank back in and secure. Again, thanks for all the help!!! :) (the original post'r had the GSX)

Your probably right! I might try to look at that schematic tonight just to try to understand why (other than to sell parts) Seadoo put that fuse in there! Trust me though, I had a few bloody knuckles before I had my tank back in and secure. Again, thanks for all the help!!! :) (the original post'r had the GSX)

oh my bad! sorry lol there isnt a schematic for the pick up, its a sealed unit so has no servicable parts therfore no schem for it, but all it is, is a circuit board of reed switches, magnet passes reed switch and opens or closes which adds or removes impedance to the circuit.

i guess seadoo put it in there incase there was ever power introduced to the circuit by accident or something?

You will need to slide the tank forward. The hull vents will need to be removed temporarily, and I had to unbolt my MPEM. Leave the oil tank in place, just undo the straps.
Remove the oil and fuel fill tubes and set aside. Loosen the bolts that hold the steering in place. Remove the cable (I think). Then you will be able to lift the baffle out through the steering hole.

I've done a 96GTI and I don't recall it being that difficult, I think I got the baffle out without moving the fuel tank.

Lou

It is that difficult. I tried at the end of the season last year and ended up putting it back together. No way of getting that baffle out without pulling all the lines off of it and moving the tank all the way forward. Not a fun job and I work all the time, so I'll just make sure it's totally full when I go out and will monitor the gas level.

96 gti isn't that bad, remove vent, filler hose, and straps and slide the tank forward and then it will come out. you don't have to mess with the steering, that's the gsx only. it helps to have any empty fuel tank.

I had to pull off oil tank and pulled off fuel filter and the tank wouldn't slide forward enough to get the baffle out because it's too long and hits the hull underneath.

Oil tank can stay in and will hover in place, the tank needs to come far enough forward to get the baffle out the opening. It helps to have done it before. Really not hard but takes some patience.

You're correct I did have the oil tank just hanging there but I swear I could not get that gas tank forward enough to get the baffle out because it would hit the underneath side of the hull. It almost looked to me like all the hoses of the baffle would have to come off and those weren't that easy to get at either I didn't want to cut them all off. For as much as I ride it it's pretty easy just to have it full when I go out and check it once in awhile. I appreciate your responses to this post and really thought it would have been a kind of a quick job but that wasn't the case last year when I tackled it.

Yes, the hoses have to come off. They will come right off with some careful twisting and pulling but kind of a knuckle buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back