96 SeaDoo battery/charging issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zmrasta

Just to give a little background on the ski, its a 96 that I premix gas on. The battery will not hold a charge when taken directly off of the charger. I take it to the lake and drop it 5 mins after taking it off the charger and it barely has enough power to start. I have tested the rectifier at 5500 rpms and I get about 13.5v. Currently it is in pieces with the plug going into the magnito cover disconnected and the battery is holding strong at about 12.5v. I think it is the coils inside of the magnito housing but I'm looking for a second (or third) opinion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

All of the connections and fused are good. I checked all the fuses in both front and rear boxes and also checked and blew out all connections. I just hooked back up the connector going into the magnito housing to see if its going to drain it again. I feel like I am running out of places to look for the power drain?:confused:

Plugged the connector going into the magnito housing and it is pulling about .01v per hour from the battery. I then disconnected the connector and it is no longer draining the battery, I hate to say it but I think it is the coil inside of the magnito housing that is draining the battery, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back