96 Sea-Doo split controls??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

32 BETS

I have a 1996 sea doo speedster. I use it at my marina a lot during the floods to move docks around and what not. I wonder. Has anyone ever split the controls. Hence. Make both port and starboard work independently??! They throttle independently... can they be set to shift each one separately??? My other boat is a 40 foot houseboat with twin screws. It would make the Sea-Doo the ultimate work boat for me. Jus seeing if anyone has ever tried and or succeeded with this mod???

I've never seen it done... but I'm sure you could add what you need to make it happen. Post pics if you do.

I guess the best way to accomplish this would be to buy a parts boat and take off what you need. It wouldn't be easy. The throttle/shift quadrant would be the biggest challenge I think.

What are you trying to do 32 BETS? The engines currently throttle independently...but it sounds like you want to take an shift them independently..say one in forward while the other is in reverse? Am I understanding that right?

Any more on this topic? Im trying to understand why the op is trying to do this? I think I know how it can be done, if I know what exactly they are trying to accomplish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back