RESTO 96' HX Resto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no actual progress but big brown boxes have started to arrive
292.jpg
293.jpg

On top of that I actually got the 96' XP out for its second tank of break in fuel. Only took two years.
294.jpg
Is that Hogan Lake ?

Great job dude!! Why you don’t put any upgrade performance?
I am done with the entire wrenching and tuning every trip to the lake performance thing at this point in my life. I have done all that before and am over it. THe few times I get to take the skis out I like them to stat and idle every time without touching them. I would rather have slow and reliable than fast and temperamental any day.

I do have a superjet I am working on that will have a factory pipe and porting but that will get thrown in the back of the truck as a backup ski.

The carbon seal is odd. No C-clip and it looks like they used the plastic impeller sleeve to hold the stainless hat off the carrier bearing.
178.jpg

To be continued.

Hey following your thread like you told me to and tried to inspect my driveshaft, what kind of grease should I use for that grease fitting(I got some stp multipurpose water resistant grease I used for my atv's wheel bearings.)

Should I pump till grease starts pushing out or will I risk blowing a seal? Also, the metal in front of the top hose clamp (for me.) Seems to have seen some heat, I do not have my phone on my or else I would send photo. Less than 1 cm of the area has seem to have the discoloration.

1553043059080.png

Wondering what I would need replacing, or inspecting. This is the first time I have dealt with a carbon seal, short explanation on what to look for to see if it is bad?

The more I clean my hull (looking 100% than what it did when I first picked it up, seemed like everything was caked on with mother nature and oil.. lol) Making me want to put in the labor and do the ground up restoration. I already got the kitty hair and palm sander ready. :grin:

Once those fuel lines I have ordered come in and I replace them, I will move onto the carbs. The ski sat for a couple years with ethanol fuel in those forbidden gray lines so I was wondering (from your experience, would it be wise to see if the oem parts are still usable?) If the carbs seems to have after market kit inside carbs I will definitely replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back