96 gtx hard start after sitting for 30 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old dog 68

Took the gtx out of hibernation today. It fired up as soon as fuel hit the carbs and is running great. If you turn it off and sit a few minutes it starts instantly and goes great. We stopped for about 30 minutes and when we went to go back out it would fire but die as soon as you give it gas. The wife says it always does that her ski I don’t ride it much just happened to jump on it after lunch. Acts as if flooding. If I applied choke it just died. Once it starts it runs great and will start and stop until it sits for mire than 15 or 20 minutes.
It has new ( about 20 hours) mikuni carbs from osd clean raves and brand new plugs after burning off fogging oil was winterized since late November with Efree gas and stabil. 149 compression both holes and a pretty new coil.
Figured I throw it out here to the brain trust.
thanks

Attachments

• 0BBBCBC3-6761-45DF-B70B-C40F8D176FC0.jpeg
    0BBBCBC3-6761-45DF-B70B-C40F8D176FC0.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 8
No I only shut it off at end of day on all skis never been an issue. But I’ll try it for sure. Keep it simple

Try cutting it off a little bit before getting to the dock/shore while the motor is still running to burn any excess gas off.

If this helps you might just need a slight carb adjustment

What motor is in it?

Check to make sure both check and pressure relief valves in the fuel tank are working. From there it’s leaking needles and seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back