96 GTX Carbon Ring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyth92

I’ve got a 96 GTX 787 and I’ve had cavitation issues, I’ve replaced the wear ring, impeller ( Nujet Destroyer 15/23 pitch ) and drive shaft is in perfect condition. Carbon ring looks okay but I’m thinking that’s the only thing left. Engine runs great and is revving like it should but isn’t propelling like it should at all. Here’s a picture of the carbon ring. Should I replace the boot as well I case it’s gotten soft or shortened?

Attachments

• B63FE98E-400C-4402-B3A8-181A4FBCF62B.jpeg
    B63FE98E-400C-4402-B3A8-181A4FBCF62B.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 19
What's the clearance between the impeller and wear ring? Neoprene seal between the pump and hull? How about the wedge in front of the ride plate? is it sealed to the hull? I've never understood how the carbon seal could be a problem, its only job is to keep water out.

The reason the carbon seal can cause cavitation it that whenever the ski is running there is extreme negative pressure in the intake tunnel, which causes air to be sucked in through the seal if its not sealing properly. I'm having the same issue with mine and just ordered one of those kits Johnnie references. Hoping that takes care of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back